NGD: 1999 Jaz.mas..

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

nondas

NGD: 1999 Jaz.mas..

Post by nondas »

I've always wanted a sherwood green jazzmaster. This one just came in the mail. It's a 1999 AVRI, completely stock, missing a reverb handle (which is fine as i had a spare). Overall the guitar is in pretty good shape.... except for the decal which promptly stuck to my fingers and half the "Jazzmaster" lettering fell off. Bugger, i forgot they place the decal on top of the clear coat, so now i have a Fende. Jaz.ma... FUUUUUUUUU

anyway, I replaced the bridge with a Staytrem and will probably look into getting some Antiquities in the near future, and it needs a proper set up.

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

dare I ask how much you paid ?

I have a 99' AVRI in fiesta red and would love to know what a real price is these days
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

looks amazing by the way.

i had an old telecaster in sherwood green that i put a mint guard on and i loved it
nondas

Post by nondas »

Thanks rob. I think you've posted a pic of that tele a while back, right? I remember it looked awesome.

I think I paid way too much for it. Around 1700USD. Add to that shipping and customs to get it to Australia and a weak AU dollar ... sooo, I don't think i'll be doing that again.

*edit, sorry i got the dollar conversion wrong
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Looks lush. Congrats.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Ah that's gorgeous. Never seen an AVRI in Sherwood, should be a keeper. Especially since you've destroyed the decal now.

Re:price, that's about what I'd expect these days although I can't comment on a weak conversion. I think they were about $1800 new like 6 years ago (last I checked), and with inflation and Fender's consistent price hikes I'd say you did fine.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Congrats! 8) Always fancied that green myself.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

nondas wrote:Thanks rob. I think you've posted a pic of that tele a while back, right? I remember it looked awesome.

I think I paid way too much for it. Around 1700USD. Add to that shipping and customs to get it to Australia and a weak AU dollar ... sooo, I don't think i'll be doing that again.

*edit, sorry i got the dollar conversion wrong
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

Absolutely beautiful Jazzmaster. Good call tampering with the decal. Makes the poor understand they're in the presence of something old and/or expensive :twisted:
paul_

Post by paul_ »

That's really nice, it makes me want a Sherwood/mint JM even though I've never thought about that before. And AVs always kick ass. Nice guitar.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

Is that sherwood green some kind of a limited run?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i remember playing a sherwood green japanese JM with matching headstock years ago, it was v lovely.
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

That's gorgeous. I've never seen one in person. Sherwood was available for only one or two years early on IIRC. This is a Frontline catalog from '99.

nondas

Post by nondas »

Thanks guys. The neck was business card shimmed, so i replaced it with a tapered full neck shim i fortunately had laying around. The tailpiece screw/spring was locked out, so loosened that up as i require mah whammies. So far so good.
J0K1 wrote:Is that sherwood green some kind of a limited run?
I think it was available on '62 reissues between 1999 and 2000.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Dillon wrote:That's gorgeous. I've never seen one in person. Sherwood was available for only one or two years early on IIRC. This is a Frontline catalog from '99.

Looks like Robroe's fiesta Jag as well ^
dylanafghjkl

Post by dylanafghjkl »

Damn this is nice.
Just migrated from osg so not sure if this is an acceptable comment here but ooft that would look great with tort