SQ Mascis JM question

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

jamba72

SQ Mascis JM question

Post by jamba72 »

can someone tell me what the distance of the tremolo and the bridge is on that model? ..it´s somewhat nearer, but how much..

I want to rout a tremolo on my stoptail SQ Jazzy..best would be a routing plan, hm..

cheers
dylanafghjkl

Post by dylanafghjkl »

I can't remember what the specific distance is off the top of my head but it's the same as the classic player jaguars and jazzmasters if you can find the plans for them.

(I would personally say the vintage trem placement is better though, more sympathetic behind the bridge stuff and i vaguely remember hearing that it makes the trem smoother but who knows)
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Where do you want it measured from?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
jamba72

Post by jamba72 »

speedfish wrote:Where do you want it measured from?
well basically just the distance between the end of the pickguard end and the trem plate..( red in foto)

..edit..just finished my cavity hacking.. 8)
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

jamba72 wrote:
speedfish wrote:Where do you want it measured from?
well basically just the distance between the end of the pickguard end and the trem plate..( red in foto)

..edit..just finished my cavity hacking.. 8)
Measured several times with my digital calipers and ~11.30mm is what I found. Granted the pickguard and the tremolo plate are two different heights, so that would account for some variance in length when measured with calipers.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister