NAMM 2017 - New Pedals and stuff

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

George wrote:Payday - put some skrilla down for the FreqOut. Apparently out next weekend.
Noice. V interested to hear how you get on with it.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
George

Post by George »

Just got the old, "Yeaah, about that...." email from Andertons. Kongpressor not available until 24th March, and Freqout has an undisclosed availability, so their website is a bit misleading. But I have faith they'll sort something out, good lads that they are.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

"Chappers" will probably drop it off himself.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

BearBoy wrote:Another one from EHX:
Operation Overlord – Stereo Overdrive
The Operation Overlord is a Stereo Overdrive pedal that will work really well for keys players or if you use loads of stereo effects or a dual amp setup. It’s got an active EQ for easy tone-dialling and a dry blend so that you can add small amounts of drive to your signal if you want to keep clarity on your instrument.
The Operation Overlord has also got an active boost for more gain when playing guitar solos or you need to be heard in that noisy mix.
Doesn't seem to be on the EHX website yet (that blurb is from the Andertons website).
Still not on the EHX website but here's a picture:

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BearBoy wrote:"Chappers" will probably drop it off himself.
Be sure to hook that doorbell button directly to the mains
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

George wrote:Just got the old, "Yeaah, about that...." email from Andertons. Kongpressor not available until 24th March, and Freqout has an undisclosed availability, so their website is a bit misleading. But I have faith they'll sort something out, good lads that they are.
Dunno if this is sarcasm or not, but I've only nice things to say about Andertons atm.

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64423
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

They've been good when I've dealt with them too. Although your Strat story is maybe them taking things a little far.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

BearBoy wrote:They've been good when I've dealt with them too. Although your Strat story is maybe them taking things a little far.
Not sure if I was impressed or thinking stop fucking phoning me and post the thing.
George

Post by George »

Always had good customer service from them, and having lived a town over as a teenager, I'd go there every other Saturday to buy tat and try stuff out. They'd let you pick anything off the shelf without really asking (tried all sorts of expensive Gibsons, PRS and Fenders) and go to a practice room, knowing full well we couldn't afford half of it. No supervision or knocks on the door or sales patter. It was ace. Much love.
George

Post by George »

Should receive a DOD Rubberneck and Digitech FreqOut on 16th Feb!

Expecting a visit from the white noise police.
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

I already have a few delays, but the EHX Canyon Delay is pretty interesting to me. A bunch of delays, a reverb, and a looper for $140.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by plaidbeer on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

So much in one little pedal, and if I didn't have a delay I liked then I'd consider getting one for just the tap tempo + Run liek Hell Lite DMM/tape parameters.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Actually Chappers is no longer set up for drone deliveries now that he's chopped the locks :( stand and spin as he might, there's just no lift anymore
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
George

Post by George »

paul_ wrote:
Actually Chappers is no longer set up for drone deliveries now that he's chopped the locks :( stand and spin as he might, there's just no lift anymore
:lol:
George

Post by George »

Updated ETAs

FreqOut - September
Rubberneck - March
Kongpressor - April

I'm sticking to my guns.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

September? Jeez.
George

Post by George »

FreqOut arrived today. Great fun and simple to use. One setback is it needs a signal to trigger the effect so you can't just leave it always on. Still working it out though.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Oooh. Really interested in how you find it George.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

How are you getting on with the FreqOut George?

Did you get the Rubberneck and Kongpressor too?
George

Post by George »

Sorry haven't checked back in as I've been away, nor have I had much more time with the freqout. Right before I left the kongpressor arrived. First time I've had controls for attack and release which can get some pretty nice tones especially with the 12 string but need more time with it to get the best out of it.

No rubberneck yet, but that's the one I'm most excited about.