NEW STRAT DAY.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

NEW STRAT DAY.

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Fuck my old boots, boys. I am finally in possesh of a Fender Stratocaster once again after all these years.

Last one I owned was a HH Strat with Dimarzio Super Distortions in that I bought in a pawn shop in Newcastle. This new one is from another mental low bid when drunk and on Reverb.com. It's a MIM Deluxe Players Strat and looks like this:

I have heard really good things about this model, and I got it for 400 shipped. Who's had a run in with this model?
chemistforhire

Post by chemistforhire »

I love strats. No matter how many guitars I get, I always go back to a strat.
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

chemistforhire wrote:Image

I love strats. No matter how many guitars I get, I always go back to a strat.
Thank you - I've noticed that I can't go back and fix posts any more? Is that bug or just something that happened?

Anyway - yeah, interesting notes on this guitar S1 system and a 12" Radius. Personally I love the gawdy Sunburst, Tort plate, pristine white p-ups and gold hardware. Lots of reviews say the neck is dope af and it will have one of those nice 00s Rosewood necks that Fender did oh so well on their MIM models.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Gratz on finally bagging a strat. Miss not having one but no new guitars for me until I play the ones I've got more often
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Nice one Rhys!
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

Congrats on the new Strat!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Great pick up.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Very nice looking Strat. I love a 12" radius as well, my favourite hands down.
It's interesting that despite the fact that a 7.5" and a 9.5" radiuses are considered to be more comfortable for playing chords, I always find it much easier to play chords on a 12" radiused fretboard which allows you to set strings up for a very low action
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

sunshiner wrote:Very nice looking Strat. I love a 12" radius as well, my favourite hands down.
It's interesting that despite the fact that a 7.5" and a 9.5" radiuses are considered to be more comfortable for playing chords, I always find it much easier to play chords on a 12" radiused fretboard which allows you to set strings up for a very low action
Yeah you know, I just got my hands on it today and it's strung with 9s which is a little slinkier than I go usually, but fucking hell the action is so low. It's really comfortable and makes you feel like you can go really fast too. I have two bits of gear to demo now so I will try and get this done sometime this week - teeny bit jet lagged so it might have to wait a bit so my brain can catch up to Cali time again.

Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Needs SRV stickers
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Rhysyrhys wrote:Yeah you know, I just got my hands on it today and it's strung with 9s which is a little slinkier than I go usually, but fucking hell the action is so low. It's really comfortable and makes you feel like you can go really fast too. I have two bits of gear to demo now so I will try and get this done sometime this week - teeny bit jet lagged so it might have to wait a bit so my brain can catch up to Cali time again.
► Show Spoiler
Beautiful guitar and again congrats. Do demo whenever you like, I think a lot of people would appreciate it too

I can make a stupid comparison between the experience of playing guitar with good low string action and playing piano - you just put your fingers on strings barely pressing them down and everything sounds and feels good
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Nice... even the gold doesnt spoil it. Love 9s on a Strat...
XY