Free interactive wave editor?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

NickS

Free interactive wave editor?

Post by NickS »

Some while ago when I started copying stuff from vinyl, I used a wave editor that allowed me to zoom right in to the waveform and drag the sample values around to remove pops and clicks. I haven't done that for 5 or 6 years but I thought it was Nero WaveEditor.

I downloaded the latest version of Nero WaveEditor, or as it turned out, the downloader that also installed Nero TuneUp, some 390 MB Sound Recorder and a load of other stuff I didn't need and after I dumped all that garbage I ran up Nero WaveEditor to find it doesn't seem to do what I want any more. You used to be able to click on the waveform and all the sample points would appear as spots to drag about. Maybe that's now only available in the Pro version, but I'm not buying that.

So, does anyone know of something that will allow me to do that these days in Windows 10?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I think Audacity can do that sort of thing.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

I'll take a look, ta.