Identify this guitar (Gingerlys)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Identify this guitar (Gingerlys)

Post by Nick »

Just saw this article pop up on my fb feed about this band called Gingerlys. The blue guitar on the right has me stumped. Looks like a custom build but I feel like I've seen it before. Was it someone's here?
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Looks like a Jag with a Jazz Bass body, likely inspired by the custom guitars of John Squire from the Stone Roses (which were Jag bodies with Strat horns and trem), which may be what you're remembering as we definitely had some threads about 'em in the past.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I thought this was a Marauder at first but yeah, it's definitely that Jazz bass/Jag combo.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

paul_ wrote:Image
Always loved that guitar. Thought it looked cool as fuck back in the day.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

That Framus...
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
George

Post by George »

Custom job, in my opinion. Looks like a Motorik body, even. Could be one of his early builds.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

The John Squier thing is a massive, fussy abomination. Also it probably weighs a ton.

This looks like a custom job, but it's got an Aria 1532 thing going on too. (Did anyone else notice they'd reissued this?!)

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

timhulio wrote:The John Squier thing is a massive, fussy abomination. Also it probably weighs a ton.

This looks like a custom job, but it's got an Aria 1532 thing going on too. (Did anyone else notice they'd reissued this?!)

I did... and I took quite a while talking myself out of buying one.
XY
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

BearBoy wrote:
paul_ wrote:Image
Always loved that guitar. Thought it looked cool as fuck back in the day.
+1

Little Barrie has a custom one based on it too. But with a smaller body. Doesn't look as cool imo.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
dylanafghjkl

Post by dylanafghjkl »

paul_ wrote:Looks like a Jag with a Jazz Bass body, likely inspired by the custom guitars of John Squire from the Stone Roses (which were Jag bodies with Strat horns and trem), which may be what you're remembering as we definitely had some threads about 'em in the past.

the thing that fucks me up the most about this guitar is that i'm pretty sure the trem plate is basically just a battery cover?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

According to some guy who had one made for him by the same bloke who made Squire's, the guitar originally had a Jaguar trem (and single cool pickups). When the Strat trem was fitted the Jaguar tailpiece was left on. There were no active electronics in there from what I've read.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.