pictures of your shortscales

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

Here's the full set, including two old Squiers that I took apart trying to teach myself how to do stuff with guitars.
Hell is other people.
Mad-Mike

Post by Mad-Mike »

Musicmaster's got a major case of "teh kurdtz" going on right now with a Peavey P-12 humbucker in the bridge with a 3-way splitter that gives it a full blown Humbucker sound, an oldtimey Mustang sound, and some weird crazy series/parallel thing that's hard to describe.

Jag-Stang has a few upgrades as well, changed from Kluson Tone Pros - those fuckers are flimsy, so I put on the new Revolution units they have - sealed gear split posts that mount like regular Klusons (I put a set on the Jaguar as well), a roller string tree, and I'm running .008's on it now.
It's Me
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

hahaha those are punk af
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Bloodied Jaguar
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

Here we go:

PV-1955

Post by PV-1955 »

New Squier Bullet Mustang with a few mods

vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Let's just spam this guitar everywhere.
onefiftythree

Post by onefiftythree »

new guy here... many beautiful objects in this thread!

wanted to display my custom Mustang:

the neck was acquired from a guitar I got off craigslist, which was this '65 neck on a 90s duo sonic body. that guitar got left in some unsavory conditions and had to be disassembled, which led me to this project.

the body is a '66 I got off ebay, and the pickups are from curtis novak!
magicrising

Post by magicrising »

lovely pics!
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

more being STOKED
Snorre

Post by Snorre »

From left to right:

Squier J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster (refinished in Shell Pink), Fender American Vintage ’65 Thinskin Nitro Series Jazzmaster, Fender American Professional Jaguar, 1965 Fender Mustang in original Blue Sparkle finish, Squier Vintage Modified Mustang (with Spitfire pickguard), Fender Duo Sonic, Fender Cyclone II in Daphne Blue and Fender Cyclone II in Candy Apple Red.

My Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar was in my guitar tech's shop when I took the above photo, so here it is at another time in between my Fender American Vintage ’65 Thinskin Nitro Series Jazzmaster, Fender American Professional Jaguar and Fender Competition Mustang Bass (CIJ):

Mr_Martin

Post by Mr_Martin »

Squier Bullet Mustang + Squier Jagmaster

Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Real wanna try one of those Mustangs.
more being STOKED
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

more being STOKED
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

lol is that yours?????

i thought you were just sexting me picks of awesome jags
dots wrote:incesticide
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

So.. um, I bought a new bass.
One of those new Mustang PJ ones.

I took these pretty much the moment I got home, on Sept. 9th, before immediately taking the thing apart to check on the wiring, routes, etc.

Plays beautifully, even with the stock setup.
I'm a big fan of the P-bass mid pickup and Jazz-Bass bridge pickup combo, probably why I kept my Squire Jagbass (well the second one..)
I do miss the classic Mustang bass pickup a little, but find with my setup and this new proj I'm in this rounds out the TONEZ a bit better for me.

Gut shots I'll have to track down a they are in my instagram (@Jim_Nowhere if you want to hunt yourself) and still on my phone, I think, So I may end up doing a thread about that in the build section.

Two things I noticed,
1 the input/output jack wasn't grounded so I fixed that right off the bat - not sure if I was "lucky" and got one the factory f'd up on or if they all come like that.
2 Ran a ground wire to the bridge, because.. well that should be obvious, and maybe there is one that runs to the bridge pickup I don't know but i didn't see one so added my own.

outside of that it was perfect, it had no grounding issues without either of those wires (I was a little surprised not to find them honestly) but I prefer them there.

did a minor intonation/adjustment once everything was back together as I prefer my strings a bit closer to the neck then it ships.
Fret ends are lovely stock, though I'll probably do a set & dressing on them when I change strings in 6 months or so.

oh and that Jaguar you see the but of in the first photo?

it's behind the spoiler
► Show Spoiler
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

Mad-Mike wrote:, and I'm running .008's on it now.
getting all the widdly~widdly and none of the tuning stability?
though the tuner upgrade may have helped with the latter.. i'm not sure as I've never tried the upgraded ones.
Mad-Mike

Post by Mad-Mike »

serfx wrote:
Mad-Mike wrote:, and I'm running .008's on it now.
getting all the widdly~widdly and none of the tuning stability?
though the tuner upgrade may have helped with the latter.. i'm not sure as I've never tried the upgraded ones.
No tuning issues with the .008's when I ran those for awhile last/this year.

Then the Ernie Ball Paradigms came out so I've been running those in .009 for the past 9 months and have had quite an awesome experience with them on my Jag-Stang and my Jaguar and I think I have honestly found a replacement for the Fender Bullet .009's I've been using for the longest time (which have, for some reason, the last 3-4 sets of those I've used have been quite janky with regards to the bullet ends coming off).

The Paradigms really do hold up though, only just now - 9 months later, are they starting to go dull on the Jag-Stang, the Jaguar is still pretty bright with them on there. They also - paired with the new tuners (I now have 4 guitars using Revolutions now - the Jag-Stang, Jaguar, my Mosrite copy I built, and a Memphis Strat copy with a Behringer neck I use a bit too) are incredibly stable. Have only had to tune the Jaguar and Jag-Stang about 2-3 times in the last 9 months even with me abusing the whammy......though on home recordings I've been hitting it harder than I used to lately. These strings really do hold up to what is implied. I've also started using a metal pick (picked one up while traveling in Europe - visited a German guitar shop).
It's Me
PV-1955

Post by PV-1955 »

A couple of my newest 24" scale guitars.

Image Image