The last 'Nice' bit of kit you bought.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

The last 'Nice' bit of kit you bought.

Post by dezb1 »

After Fran's comment in the Jerry Jones thread - I thought I'd ask what was the last really nice bit of gear you bought? (post pics)

Mine:
Last edited by dezb1 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XY
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Pretty sure I’ve said it before but I love that SG Dez.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Whoops, mistook thread for “what’s the last thing you wanted to buy but haven’t�

So I guess the answer was my vintage Gibson collection, a ‘50s Champion lapsteel, ‘67 Melody Maker SG and ‘72 SG-II. At $800 the MM was the priciest, the other 2 were each under 500. Also bought my ‘76 Bassman Ten around that time.
Last edited by paul_ on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I thought about this. Most of the things I buy are cheap and opportunistic, because I'm usually skint. So, a Squier fretless bass, a CV strat, a Novation Impulse (second hand) and the parts for a strat kit (good Wilkinson bridge, Lace Sensors etc.).

Although I did get a Matamp 412 this year that I am chuffed to bits with.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I've had a few cheap opportunistic buys since the SG (mainly quirky 80s synths) but that was the last bit of kit I'd been scouring t'internet for.
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

BearBoy wrote:Pretty sure I’ve said it before but I love that SG Dez.
T'is a thing of beauty... sticks out like a sore thumb on the guitar rack amongst all my brown guitars (all the others are sunburst or natural)
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Last really nice thing was probably the Rickenbacker 4003 bass, a little over 2 years ago.
► Show Spoiler
Technically it might also be this Burny I've lusted for since my teenage years, purchased for my birthday last year:
► Show Spoiler
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Nick wrote:Last really nice thing was probably the Rickenbacker 4003 bass, a little over 2 years ago.

Technically it might also be this Burny I've lusted for since my teenage years, purchased for my birthday last year:
► Show Spoiler
Yours was definitely 2 years ago that Burny is hideous.... can't stand gold hardware
Last edited by dezb1 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XY
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Been a long long time for me.

I know it was my comment but I see it as I can build something just as good or modify a Squier or something.

It's great to see eye candy though. I'd love to go out and buy something new with a fitted case and everything.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

No pics atm but probably that 1449 I got off of cooterfinger. Love that thing.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

10 months ago I wash feeling flush and put a down payment on a millimetric build. Now I'm not feeling flush and the balance will be due in about 2 weeks. Still excited though. Prior to that, my main considered purchace would have been my EGC, which was probably about 2 years ago now. Got an old Ibanez Sabre in the between. Been buying some synths as well, but nothing particularly pricey.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

now the fuckin jazzmaster thread has me wanting one of these AGAIN

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

gusman2x wrote:10 months ago I wash feeling flush and put a down payment on a millimetric build. Now I'm not feeling flush and the balance will be due in about 2 weeks. Still excited though. Prior to that, my main considered purchace would have been my EGC, which was probably about 2 years ago now. Got an old Ibanez Sabre in the between. Been buying some synths as well, but nothing particularly pricey.
Post pics of the EGC t'is a cool guitar and the point of this thread was pics of cool stuff... didn't you get a flowery 80s ibanez too?
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Josh wrote:No pics atm but probably that 1449 I got off of cooterfinger. Love that thing.
Get pics, this is a frivolous oh thats nice thread to cheer up a dull January.
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

robroe wrote:now the fuckin jazzmaster thread has me wanting one of these AGAIN
► Show Spoiler

Missed the point this is a look what I got thread... not a I want another bloody Squier thread.
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fran wrote:Been a long long time for me.

I know it was my comment but I see it as I can build something just as good or modify a Squier or something.

It's great to see eye candy though. I'd love to go out and buy something new with a fitted case and everything.
I'm not nocking this stuff I love a bit of modding... just thought we could all post our fancy stuff.
XY
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

so confused. it says "considered purchase"

as in a purchase im considering ?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

robroe wrote:so confused. it says "considered purchase"

as in a purchase im considering ?

Your last considered purchase... the last thing you bought that you put a bit of thought into ie not just an impulsive bargain buy.
XY
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

The last "nice" thing I bought was probably my Johnny Marr Jaguar.

I thought a lot about buying my Squier VI (it wasn't an impluse purchase - I spent several years pondering it) but that's probably not the sort of thing you had in mind.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Last "considered" purchase of mine was the Orange CR120 and WEM 2x12 cab I bought a few months ago. Never posted about it here because I wasn't really posting at all around then. About £600 all in, not expensive gear in the grand scheme of things but probably the nicest amp setup I've had, and the most I've ever spent on gear in one fell swoop. I reckon I'd been weighing up the head for about a year beforehand, the cab just came up on Ebay at the right time but I'd always been planning to buy a head and cab at the same time.

Here's the best pic I've got (taken on my phone, sorry), with the rest of my current live rig - Squier Affinity Tele (which has actually been cleaned up since then, almost looks brand new if you squint lol), Mooer Pure Octave, Fredric Effects Harmonic Percolator, Behringer tuner...