pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Love the two partscasters
XY
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

Thanks, man! They're both really nice instruments.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

New acoustic has been set up and has my preferred strings upon its person... had to sand 2.5mm off the saddle to get it down to yamaha's spec and a further 1mm to get it to mine... now plays like a thing of beauty.

Shite phone pic doesn't do it justice
XY
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Jaguar's getting headstock fixed next week. Cleaned all the blood off it too.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Wiggle it... just a little bit!

Inspired by:

XY
WaldoJeffers

Post by WaldoJeffers »

LimpYunAug
dollbridemask

Post by dollbridemask »

Hello!
From left to right:
Gretsch Duo-Jet: This is from around 2000, just before the Fender takeover or whatever. I sadly dont have much call to play this much anymore but I'm pretty attached to it so couldnt let it go. Sounds incredible and the neck is lovely (although the floaty bridge and string pin things are a ball-ache).
Squier Bullet Mustang: Recent purchase that I've stuck some Irongear Alcemist P90s on. Great guitars for the price!!!
Strat-partscaster: This has a 'hardtail' body and weird string through bridge that's meant for a tele, 7.25" radius fingerboard and a set of Creamery red 79s. It sounds proper beefy, and actually has loads of sustain.
Gordon Smith SG: This is from when they were made in Altrincham, although I cant seem to get an answer from the serial number finder or the company as to when it was made. It took me a while to get into this but I really love it now. That single coil in the neck is really great (have to change that bridge at some point though).
Last but not least is my main gigging guitar (on the right). This is a 70s MIJ Dan Armstrong copy. The manufacturers logo is long gone, i found out once who could have made it but I've forgotten. There has been that much changed on it that its pretty irrelevant now! When I acquired it, there it had the DM super distortion, plus what looked like a home made single coil super-glued into the cavity. It had a very thin hand cut piece of perspex for the pickguard and a cannabis leaf transfer. I pretty much gutted it and had all the electrics changed as well as a new pickguard cut. It now plays amazing - the neck is seriously nice - and the SD sounds huge without being muddy. Proper Greg Ginn worship.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Love the Dan Armstrong copy!
XY
dollbridemask

Post by dollbridemask »

thanks!
atmo

Post by atmo »

'12 American standard strat converted to HH.

Before:

After:

I went with a vol-vol-tone configuration so I can blend between the neck and bridge pickup in the middle position.

My initial impression is the Pearly Gates in the neck is really nice, seems just a little brighter than a 59 which is one of my favorite neck pickups.

The Custom 5 is a little disappointing for the main styles that I play (rock/punk/grunge), as the notes/harmonics from the individual strings seem to get mushed together. For high gain power chords and heavy chugging riffs it's great though. I'll live with it for a while but it may eventually get swapped out for a JB or similar.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Looks nice....are those already routed for buckers or did you need to carve it up?
atmo

Post by atmo »

The body is routed for a full size humbucker in the neck, so it was an easy replacement.
NickS

Post by NickS »

atmo wrote:'12 American standard strat
....The body is routed for a full size humbucker in the neck
Not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I'm sure it makes no discernible difference to the sound but... how long have they been routing USA standard Strats for humbuckers?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Not the most extreme mod I've ever done but a didn't like the reverb handle on the Les Trem... so I cut an old Strat handle to fit:

Before

After
XY
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

^ That's a pretty neat idea. I didn't know the arm comes out. What do you think of that Les Trem? Thought about one for my own SG.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Dillon wrote:^ That's a pretty neat idea. I didn't know the arm comes out. What do you think of that Les Trem? Thought about one for my own SG.
Aye it's held in by two grub screws. The trem is great, the reverb arm is huge though and a bit to art deco for my liking hence the hacksawed Strat reverb handle that I think looks far more in keeping with the guitar.
XY
DiAmoroso

Post by DiAmoroso »

My current stable:
blane

Post by blane »

► Show Spoiler
That Univox is super sexy. Does it play like one of those old 60s sg's?

Also here is a new family shot. All grown up with no kids. I never forgot the lustful desires of youth.

Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Group shot of my Musimas. Re-necked Musima Elgita, pretty much stock Elgita with the low-output pickups, and a heavily modified Eterna with built-in preamp and fuzz circuit.

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

I finally figured out how to use a stud finder. Here's my G&L Duo.

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10