Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

[youtube][/youtube]
lorez

Post by lorez »

Fran wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Amazing song, need to have terry bickers binge now
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

lorez wrote:
Fran wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Amazing song, need to have terry bickers binge now
Haunting isn't it.

That album was brilliant. The Manchester scene stopped HOL being a big band, they suddenly become out of fashion overnight.
Jagtornado

Post by Jagtornado »

Yes, I once tried the DC-3 digital dimension in a store and I must say that I really liked the sound. It sounds clear but not cold and and sterile.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Jagtornado wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I have tested it in all modes and with alle the outputs. I have recorded a soundsample in the mono mode with output A. The first part is with the depthknob on 9 o'çlock, the second part is with the depth knob on 12 o"clock and the the third part is with the depth knob on 3 o"çlock. The rate knob is at 12 all the time.

Especially when notes ring out it sounds a bit too much out of tune to me. What do you think?

http://soundcloud.com/brad-524926423/c ... of-tunewav
Sounds the same as this demo:
[youtube][/youtube]

I just pulled mine out. Mine doesn't sound like that, but instead it always has a very loud LFO chorus sound with high chorus feedback always sounding, even if I'm not playing anything. I think mine's broken.

Opened it up, it does have a trim pot, just one. It didn't fix my problem, I either get a good chorus sound with that loud spinning sound, or a very weak and low volume barely audible chorus sound without that spinning thing being very audible either. Or either sound with a little bit of distortion in some trim pot positions.

You might get something else out of the trim pot maybe.

I do remember preferring mode I output B for mono back in the day. Output A in mode I sounds o.k. by itself too, but in mode II I think it's just the effected sound without the direct sound mixed in, thus unusable in mono.

I think that's the way the Jazz Chorus amps make the chorus, in stereo it sounds fine.Or maybe that was the vibrato on the JC-120, I don't remember, but I knew someone who had one.

Both modes on the CE-3 can be used in stereo I believe, mode I just does some kind of phase reversal.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts