Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Rocking this atm.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Epiphone Sheraton (Made in Korea), Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, and last Fender 50th Anniversary Aztec Gold Strat.
Strymon Blue Sky, EarthQuaker Afterneath, Boss DD-3, Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh fuzz, Rat, Boss OC-2, Boss GigaDelay DD-20, Zvex fuzz factory, Russian Big muff, and EH Big Muff.
Bugera Vintage V5 Infinium

Just bought the Jazzmaster 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it. Considering its Squier, the quality of the guitar is amazing. I play it more than anything else at the moment. It has Satin Neck Finish which makes it silky smooth with your hands, and the pick ups sound great just as they are (thought I would need to change them) but they sound identical to my old fender Jazzmaster. Not sure what pick ups they put if they are standard or something special.
Also bought the amp along with the jazz master at guitar center, wanted the cheapest tube amp and that's what they had for 199$. At first, it seemed decent especially at the store it sounded much better than all of the solid states. Played with it for a while at home and didn't like that I was only limited to the tone control. But after playing with it for a while I gotta say this is a perfect amp for home practice amp or beginner amp. To give them a better idea of what a good amp sounds like.

I got the Bluesky and Pharaoh today, so I've only messed with them a little bit. I got the Afterneath last week and been having a lot of fun with that, it's really quite unique as far as a reverb/delay. I got both initially to test them out and probably return one or keep them both if I really like them. The Pharaoh so far I have mixed feelings with. It has three switches in the middle with the middle being the fuzziest and loudest. The other two are both unique in different ways. Bottom switch is more like a Russian big muff fuzz but the volume drastically drops when you switch it from the middle to the top or bottom, which is annoying. The top comes off more of as an overdrive/distortion. And there is a top switch, Left is low, Right is High. It seems to boost the distortion when its set to the right and calm it when set left. I got to play around with it more to understand it, same goes for the blue sky.

Unfurtanetly, my Zvex fuzz factory died on me earlier this week, it was fine prior to that. Just last week I was using it. The Russian big muff doesn't work, you can plug it in and hear your guitar and hit the switch and see the green light go off but nothing happens. And my big muff is acting up, randomly won't work and out of nowhere will work like a charm, its a bit old now I guess. And my Gigi Delay works fine but the first stomp pad to turn it on or off doesn't work anymore, so its always on and now I can't loop anything :roll:
Bertram Rose
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Does anyone do a muff style pedal that is switchable between Russian and USA? Might be a more useful solution to having both on your board. Or a double muff of some sort.

That's a lot of fuzz, though.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Bacchus wrote:Does anyone do a muff style pedal that is switchable between Russian and USA? Might be a more useful solution to having both on your board. Or a double muff of some sort.

That's a lot of fuzz, though.
Check out The Pharaoh (( )) This guy does some of the best demos IMO, check some of other demos out if you're ever interested in a pedal. I don't know how but this dude has every pedal you can think of it seems. (( )) This guy goes into a bit more detail about the pedal and explains it.
This pedal has some really good versatility to it. I'm starting to love it the more I play it and understand the knobs.
Black tone arts

"Mark - I had some broken pedals lying around because friends knew that if they broke something, I would try and fix it or at least take a stab at fixing it. So I had a few in the closet in a box and basically I took the parts of all of them and made one that worked and it just happened to be a Big Muff, it was the black Big Muff, the Russian one and they were notoriously junky in terms of the wiring always breaking and it not working right. Anyway I had 3 of those and used whatever parts and got one working but hated the way it sounded. So I started tweaking on it and changing stuff until finally I got it the way I liked it. I think I put a couple of recordings up of the pedal in chat rooms back then and a couple of guys really liked it, asked what it was from and loved the sound and wanted me to make the pedal for them. That is basically how it started. It was really something that small and that was it. It just grew from there and honestly I have never caught up. Since the first day I said I would build one of these, I have never had a day that I have not had something to build."

Also, check some of EarthQuakers Fuzz pedals like the Cloven Hoof, Hoof Fuzz (Germanium/Silicon hybrid) very similar to Russian big muff but much better. The Cloven hoof is the Hoof fuzz but with 4x the fuzz, honestly really want to try out the Cloven Hoof down the line one day. They associate it with stoner doom sludge stuff which I'm not personally into however I like the fuzz sounds, same applies to the pharaoh.
Then EarthQuaker has Spires fuzz pedal which has two channels "Green" and "Red". Green channel features a cranked fuzz inspired by the Rosac Electronic Nu-Fuzz, it's a sonic-copy to the best of creator ability. The red channel is a silicon version of the discontinued Dream Crusher. I only own one of their pedals, the Afterneath, which is absolutely amazing. Checking out some of their other stuff in demos, they have a lot of good stuff out there and reasonably priced but they have gone up some of their upgraded versions.
The youtube URL thing isn't working for whatever reason.
Demos
Cloven hoof fuzz
Spires Fuzz
Hoof Fuzz
Bertram Rose
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

New pedalboard and power supply.

Today I have been troubleshooting and dooming out for the nosy spider that came down from the light shade for a listen.

Think I'm losing a fair bit of high end. Many of my patch cables are quality ones that I made myself, and handful are generic cheap ones that I grabbed to put the board together and will do until I get the time to make more. I think I'm going to need some sort of loop box too. I think I'd like to have all the drives on a loop, and all the mod/delay on another, and have them both bypassable.

The gap beside the M5 is for an expression pedal, which is the next addition.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Bacchus wrote:The gap beside the M5 is for an expression pedal, which is the next addition.
Got a plan for which one to get?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

The tiny DOD one that they announced at NAMM and haven't started selling yet. It's nice and compact.

http://dod.com/en-US/products/dod-mini-expression
NickS

Post by NickS »

MSRP
$113.27
:shock:
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Yeah, but it is small.

There's also a small Zoom one, but I don't know if it's 10k linear. I don't even know if that is something that I need to be looking specifically for, or is 10k linear pretty much the standard?

The DOD is switchable....
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

There's a Bespeco one which is cheap and did fine when I had my M13.
NickS

Post by NickS »

benecol wrote:when I had my M13.
I missed that, when was that? I recently bought a 10k linear pot to put into an old wah pedal of unknown make to try out with the M5 but I haven't managed to do it yet.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Christ, has it been nearly 2 years since there been any gear pics on this thread?
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Everyone just posts pictures of their whisky instead now
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
lorez

Post by lorez »

Doog wrote:Everyone just posts pictures of their whisky instead now
I just spat my beer out laughing
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

lorez wrote:
Doog wrote:Everyone just posts pictures of their whisky instead now
I just spat my beer out laughing
Hope it wasn't craft beer, craft beer stains are a bugger to get out of a cravat

Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Currently what I have in the pedal stocks. Let's see some gear again

Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
NickS

Post by NickS »

My pedal board for the soul band
Pedalboard.JPG
Pedalboard.JPG (547.37 KiB) Viewed 181 times
Top row:
Ibanez Sound Tank Digital Delay (set for slapback echo)
Line 6 M5 (for envelope filter) - this needs its own 9v 500mA linear PSU to avoid coupling noise into the power chain
qfx power block (modified with linear power source)
Homebrew A/B guitar selector
Bottom row:
Behringer UO300 Ultra Octaver (for octave down)
Harley Benton California
Boss TU2 tuner
Mister Cry Baby Super Wah/volume
Marshall Ed The Compressor

Edit: Rehost image
Last edited by NickS on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Not currently in use...
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Rehost pics.
Last edited by NickS on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

recorded a 7 minute jam with these pedals, i got the rubberneck and de-7 set to 1000ms and then put the rubberneck on the dotted 8th setting for washy rhythmic fun. added some distortion and reverb more near the end to get a total fuzzy washout and it sounded great. ended up recording for 7 minutes before i set the guitar down :lol:
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Some nice pedals their NickS, what have you got in terms of Leslie type effects these days? I spy the rotomachine.

Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST