new appreciation for the red duo sonic II

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

new appreciation for the red duo sonic II

Post by robroe »

this fuckin thing right here man.....look at it. it will put you in to a fucking trance

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

That color is piff.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
GeSe

Post by GeSe »

This looks so much better than the current models! A proper offset, and the bridge looks nicer!
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

GeSe wrote:This looks so much better than the current models! A proper offset, and the bridge looks nicer!
The current Duo-Sonics are somewhat based on the late 50s/early 60s Duo-Sonic. The Duo-Sonic II is a mid/late 60s model based on the Mustang.

This is the site you want to check out for historical info:
http://mmdsgallery.com/
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
GeSe

Post by GeSe »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
GeSe wrote:This looks so much better than the current models! A proper offset, and the bridge looks nicer!
The current Duo-Sonics are somewhat based on the late 50s/early 60s Duo-Sonic. The Duo-Sonic II is a mid/late 60s model based on the Mustang.

This is the site you want to check out for historical info:
http://mmdsgallery.com/
Yes, true. But they just don't look interesting enough for me. I like somewhat quirky guitars, and the current (thus probably the original) ones are just not for me. The one the TO posted looks fab though :(
GuitarCrazy

Post by GuitarCrazy »

That’s sweet 8)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That’s a beaut!!

Duosonic>Mustang.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

the checking on my red Musicmaster II is SEX!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Thomas wrote:That’s a beaut!!

Duosonic>Mustang.
from a setup and tuning stability perspective, absolutely. i still don't like the three-saddle bridges beyond their aesthetic mojo, tho.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Agreed re: 3-saddle, although a Mustang bridge and talipiece is fine if you set it up properly- <stage aside> most people don't. I swear my Squier keeps tune nearly as good as my freaking locking trem'd superstrat.

And that Duo is a dream; it's a personal goal to get a deep-red Duo/Mustang/similar because it's such a beautiful design and colour combo. I might actually get my Squier refinished, thinking about it.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Johno

Post by Johno »

dots wrote:

Duosonic>Mustang.
from a setup and tuning stability perspective, absolutely. i still don't like the three-saddle bridges beyond their aesthetic mojo, tho.
You can fit the 3 saddle compensated Tele saddles? Think Wilkinson do a set for around £20....
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

^that's a perfectly legit upgrade to an existing bridge, totally agreed. i tend to avoid them as a rule, but i could see myself doing the work-around if there was a player guitar i decided that i needed. vintage instruments notwithstanding, of course -- i ain't trying to muck up an antique.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Johno wrote:
dots wrote:

Duosonic>Mustang.
You can fit the 3 saddle compensated Tele saddles? Think Wilkinson do a set for around £20....
That's what I have on my Duo, well, a cut down ashtray bridge actually.