Fender offset 9.5'' bridge (American Professional series)

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Golden-Stang

Fender offset 9.5'' bridge (American Professional series)

Post by Golden-Stang »

So, the title of the topic is quite specific but these new bridges are present on many new models. Well, we have the American Professional series since 2016 so it is not so ''new'' but the 2019 Classic Vibe series uses the same kind of bridges. What is really frustrating is that they are virtually unavailable everywhere (unless you can pay a leg and an arm on reverb.com when one appears in the classifieds). Is there any chance to buy somewhere these bridges? Better if in Europe.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

There are cheap bridges on Aliexpress. Looks like it's a 9.5", but you can only find out after buying it

LANK
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

^Realize what a threaddig this is but it was only a few topics down, so... the fact that that's a cheap 3rd party asian bridge lends much more heavily to the idea that it's 7.25"

It looks like the ones that were used on the Jag-Stang/MIJ & CIJ Mustangs (gappy saddles and all), which were all 60's style vintage radius stang parts. That's why all the cheapo 9.5" guitars had those non-thread-saddle Jag/Jazzy looking saddles with height adjustment screws... looks like they've started making 9.5" Mustang bits in America now, so they can send them to the factory that make Classic Vibes too (similar to how the pickguard templates for US Fenders are making it to MIMs and CVs as well). My guess would be that the AliExpress bridge is the odd one out like Fender Japan specs always were.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Cue Paramore song: THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR FALLING IN LOVE (with stupid guitar necks) WHOAAA OHHHHH OH OOOOOH OH
paul_

Post by paul_ »

^did Haylee Willians pay Tom Jones for that?

[youtube][/youtube]
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"