INcoming synth: Yamaha Reface CS

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

luciguci

INcoming synth: Yamaha Reface CS

Post by luciguci »

Got paid for a housesitting job, decided to finally treat myself to a synth. i'd been looking at this one for a while and i enjoyed the sounds it makes, so i figured eh fuck it why not, it also works as a MIDI keyboard controller so I could plug it into the computer and control some soft synths that way too. Or even OTHER synths, like the Korg Volca line, which was my second thought.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (she/they)
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Nice, enjoy! The Refaces (and the Volcas) were on my radar for awhile, I ended up getting a couple of Roland Boutique modules and forgot about them (which is not to compare those series, I just have a finite budget set aside in general when it comes to instruments I barely play).
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I was considering a Volca for a while, but then I found out about the Reface and decided that was going to be my first dip into the synth world. After this, I might dip into the Volca line as well for the compact nature, and the fact that they have sequencers and can be controlled by external keyboards (and hey! the Reface has that capability, time to plug into a Volca). Oh, and the Reface YC, I absolutely need to have a portable organ like that. The question is, which direction do I head first after this.... perhaps the Beats, and then I can make some cold darkwave beats.

Anyways, tracking was updated, it'll be in my hands by Friday.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Oooh, I was looking at a Reface CP a few weeks ago, namely because of this video:

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a lovely little aesthetically-pleasing bit of a kit, but ultimately decided against it as I've got a DAW and a midi controller and access to THE WORLD of VST/AU plugins
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

But doog, if you bought the Reface, you'd have a tiny electric piano AND a midi controller. you could've been unstoppable :/
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

since i've run low on space in my other soundcloud accounts, i've gone ahead and made a new email and new soundcloud, here's a couple of short tracks i've made while playing with the synth's looper

http://soundcloud.com/slimefunk/glass-blown-harmony

http://soundcloud.com/slimefunk/squishy-space-organ