Copycat pedals Alibaba

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

izodiak

Copycat pedals Alibaba

Post by izodiak »

Biyang RV-10 Tri Reverb Effects Pedal Six-Model Reverb Guitar Effects Pedal I order this one and
as always I like to hear Your opinions was it an ok purchase or havent herd of these ?

And somekindof Tube Screamer pseudo-copy Image
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I've heard very good things about the Biyang Fuzz Star, I'm sure these pedals all sound fine; just don't expect them to last for 50 years or anything.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I ordered a couple of guitar parts from aliexpress, took about a month and a half. Also got a guitar on dhgate, took about 2 months.

All in all, I was really happy with what I got, not that you're buying the same things.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I've wanted to buy an Aliexpress fake Rickenbacker bass for years. Never plucked up the courage. I'm okay being ripped off for £40 once every five years or so, but anything topping £250 going wonky will probably turn me into a passive aggressive China-hating secret Trump supporter on TDPRI/offset.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

lol China

There's some copies that are actually branded as MXR, Fullltone and that Timmy overdrive too. I'll try and find them. Was funny as fuck.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

ekwatts wrote:I've wanted to buy an Aliexpress fake Rickenbacker bass for years. Never plucked up the courage. I'm okay being ripped off for £40 once every five years or so, but anything topping £250 going wonky will probably turn me into a passive aggressive China-hating secret Trump supporter on TDPRI/offset.
People seem to have pretty good experiences of buying guitars direct from China. I'm always wanting to pull the trigger on the Dan Armstrong copies, but haven't yet.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

My Chibson is great - and whilst I did get it when I was over there, it was from one of the same Alibaba sellers... do it! :D
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

OK, now Im waiting, flies all over world to make some effects !

I almost bought the Rickenbaker copy but this shop in my city was closing down/last sale so got my Korean Cort :--D
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
dub

Post by dub »

ekwatts wrote:I've wanted to buy an Aliexpress fake Rickenbacker bass for years. Never plucked up the courage. I'm okay being ripped off for £40 once every five years or so, but anything topping £250 going wonky will probably turn me into a passive aggressive China-hating secret Trump supporter on TDPRI/offset.
You could use a proxy buyer service like SuperBuy. They take photos and can inspect the goods closely (if given the right directions of what to look for) before repacking, and can communicate with the seller for you. If there's an issue they can send it back or negotiate a refund.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

dub wrote:
You could use a proxy buyer service like SuperBuy. They take photos and can inspect the goods closely (if given the right directions of what to look for) before repacking, and can communicate with the seller for you. If there's an issue they can send it back or negotiate a refund.
You basically have a proxy, because the site (dhgate, aliexpress, tradetang, etc.) doesn't pay the seller until the goods are received. It took them a month and lots of messages to get them to paint over the "Gibson" and "Made in USA", which they did a very nice job with, and then requested extra photos at the end, not stock ones which are used by several sellers. Then waited two months for it to come.

Here's the thread, I just re-uploaded the pics because fotki was in a mood to wipe my free account:
Chinese Teacup Les Paul

I have since changed the pickups, although the ones it came with were not bad, not great either but usable. I confirm the wiring (I think not the pickup leads but the others) is extremely cheap and one just broke. Also there was one manufacturing error where one of the strap buttons had two holes drilled so the strap button popped out. However, since the screws used were smaller, I just put in a T strap button and the bigger screw holds it in place perfectly.

Otherwise it's very nice, great neck and workmanship, well placed binding and looks great.

Tuners feel cheap but work fine. No probs with the bridge or tailpiece.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts