Mooer preamp live

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Mooer preamp live

Post by Hurb »

Anyone have opinions on these? Looking at more foot friendly amp sim than the behringer vamp. Basically want everything on the pedal board to plug into. Mostly will be just plugging headphones in at home. I am slightly behind the times so there maybe something better? Will hopefully get rid of some dirt off the board in theory? With just fuzz, delays,modulation left. Struggling to find much where people are not playing metal tonez though?
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

It looks like the ones you mention are just preamps, you need a power amp and cab sim. The Radar seems to be usable with headphones according to their site:
http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Radar-51.html

Might be spending more money than you want for those two. You could look into a smaller used Zoom pedal if you don't mind spending some time to tweak the annoying presets.

Although you could just plug your pedals straight into the Radar if you don't need more preamp than your fuzz.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

We were talking about these before, I still love the look of em

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtop ... e%E2%80%9D

I kinda wish they did something between this and the small preamp series; I don’t want to model amps, but love all the channels and I/O options.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Just watching some more vids on this as I also wanted more info myself.

THOUGHTS: Honestly, if you're doing all of your dirt sounds with pedals, and will likely stick with the one clean preamp sound you like the most (what I generally do), the Preamp Live would be like buying a Ferrari to pop down the shops.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... -MKII/1A6G
I saw lots of these on demo pedalboards at the PMT in Bristol recently, perfect pedalboardy headphone amps for not a lot of buckage. Looks like the same guts (identical controls) as the Behringer GT2 thing I've got- a Sansamp clone- but with the bonus of a dedicated headphone jack.

I love the Boss Katana Mini I picked up a while back, sounds pretty decent on headphones, 3-band EQ, 3 dirt modes, built-in 'tape echo' delay, good for slight ambience too. Also sounds good in the room, so you can kick out the jams at an appropriate time, just like how the MC5 would've wanted it.

Happy to do a little direct demo of it should it pique your interest.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Currently doing all dirt with pedals, but wondered if I could cover most bases with the mooer meaning I could lose some pedals off the board.

The palmer sounds good and would be a cheaper option.
The boss sounds good too and any sounds with it reacting to pedals would be great.

I think the mooer appealed because I could use it with headphones day to day, but could add a power amp and speaker and hopefully maintain the same sounds but .....louder/sexy??