Angry Driver

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Thom
lamp

Angry Driver

Post by Thom »

Bought the Boss Angry Driver today, really versatile little pedal, not surprising as it’s a Blues driver and Angry Charlie in one enclosure... Only had 15 mins or so to play around with it before the kids went to bed but am really impressed. The different parallel/series modes give lots of options. I like the blues driver sound for low gain stuff anyway and the angry Charlie is a pretty fat meaty high gain pedal. Need a latching footswitch for ultimate versatility but yeah, very pleased.
Redid the pedalboard:

Am never going to do a demo so here’s Andy from PGS who is infinitely better anyway!
[youtube][/youtube]
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

how do you like that loop station? how versatile is it? i have a tce flashback right now that i use maybe 3% of what it does as i mainly use it for (tap)delay. i'd like to employ loops, but it's so much more complex with that thing...
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

dots wrote:how do you like that loop station? how versatile is it? i have a tce flashback right now that i use maybe 3% of what it does as i mainly use it for (tap)delay. i'd like to employ loops, but it's so much more complex with that thing...
Yeah I really like the loop station, have had it since it came out. I think the new version is probably better and hold more loops, mine can store 11 loops, I think the RC-3 can hold 99. Really easy to use, but I would say you do need an external momentary switch to make best/easiest use of it. It's got an auto-record function, so starts recording when you start playing which is useful and you don't miss the start by the milisecond difference between your hand and hitting the pedal. Loop speed can be adjusted with tap tempo which is a godsend for live use. And loops can either be single trigger or continual looping. Those are the main functions I use.