My dyna comp is buzzing

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

AaronGuitarDude

My dyna comp is buzzing

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

[youtube][/youtube]

what is the issue?
Last edited by AaronGuitarDude on Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Try removing the "s " from https.
NickS

Post by NickS »

When did it start buzzing? What changed?
AaronGuitarDude

NickS wrote:When did it start buzzing? What changed?
just recently when I check what noise my pedalboard came from. this is the culprit
NickS

Post by NickS »

Ok, so the noise/hum has always been there, you just tracked it down. It just sounds to me like single-coil high-gain behaviour. The compressor will bring up whatever is lurking in the depths. Options; turn down the gain on the compressor, use a noise gate/noise reducer pedal, change the pickups to noiseless....
I think your best bet is to fiddle with the compressor and look for ways to reduce the noise pickup; sometimes it's the environment.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

TBF, that's not 'singlecoily 60 cycle hum' noise, that sounds like your footswitch is dying or there's a stray wire somewhere. Does it make the same noise when touching the metal casing? Have you also tried use it on its own, only thing hooked up to the guitar, amp and PSU?
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
AaronGuitarDude

Doog wrote:TBF, that's not 'singlecoily 60 cycle hum' noise, that sounds like your footswitch is dying or there's a stray wire somewhere. Does it make the same noise when touching the metal casing? Have you also tried use it on its own, only thing hooked up to the guitar, amp and PSU?
only touching footswitch, the sound is like that. I tried use it alone. still the same issue.