New Fender/Squier Stuff for NAMM 2020

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

The CV's are way better. They're almost CIJ Fender quality imo.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: New Fender/Squier Stuff for NAMM 2020

Post by Doog »

BearBoy wrote: Image
fuuuuuuck
robroe wrote:Woah they made the doogstang with a shit bridge
Which one? My Stang don't look like those Stangs, son

I guess the pale colour, a bit?
Last edited by Doog on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

lole

My work is obviously Shortscale 4 Lyfe
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

:lol:
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

gusman2x wrote:
Nick wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:The Shell Pank Jag looks great
I played a new CV jag in a store a few days ago and was impressed. These are a lot of guitar for the money.
That's good to hear. Did you play any of the original VM ones? If so, how does the new CV compare? I was wasn't super keen on the VM Jag I had.
I tried to like the VMs. I even bought a Mustang, which I sold after not too long. The CVs feel like a Fender, the VMs honestly felt like an AliExpress copy (I know, you can upgrade the hardware and give it a decent setup and it would probably be fine, but I don’t think $100 worth of mods will make for a guitar as good as a stock CV)
NickD

Post by NickD »

Doog wrote:lole

My work is obviously Shortscale 4 Lyfe

My work has blocked Offset for a similar reason for the last couple of years. Not entirely sure why.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Nick wrote:
gusman2x wrote:
Nick wrote: I played a new CV jag in a store a few days ago and was impressed. These are a lot of guitar for the money.
That's good to hear. Did you play any of the original VM ones? If so, how does the new CV compare? I was wasn't super keen on the VM Jag I had.
I tried to like the VMs. I even bought a Mustang, which I sold after not too long. The CVs feel like a Fender, the VMs honestly felt like an AliExpress copy (I know, you can upgrade the hardware and give it a decent setup and it would probably be fine, but I don’t think $100 worth of mods will make for a guitar as good as a stock CV)
That's good to know. I was just wondering if the quality had slipped any since they were moved from China (to Indonesia?). I have a JMJM and a CV duo sonic. Both wonderful guitars.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Nick wrote:I hope the new generation appreciates all the god damned Squier offsets in perfect color combinations we all fought so hard for on the internet the past 15 years.
Innit.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Might... buy.... the neon.... super.... strat.......... in pank......
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
George

Post by George »

VMs I’ve played are no good. CVs are better than most Mexicans I’ve played and worked on in every way
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I've really not had much experience with Squiers for the last decade at least, but the last Squier I owned was a VM Telecaster Custom II (the one with stacked P90s) and fuuuuuck me that guitar was stupidly good, but pretty much all the reviews absolutely salivated over it. That said, it came out some time around 2005 or something and I have nothing to compare it with Squier/Fender wise besides my Chinese Fender Modern Player Jazzmaster which definitely was "better" in feel (although that's probably because the Jazzy had a glossy neck and the Squier had that weird satin bullshit they were doing for years) but there really isn't much between them.

Classic Vibes were always what we all pretty much wanted from Fender for decades, and yet I've never even tried one. If they're really as good as everyone says then I've probably missed out.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

http://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-leak ... trat-2020/

http://reverb.com/item/31195137-fender ... flash-pink

A few more pix of the HM2 Strat, apparently they've even kept the "between Fender and Gibson" scale length of 25.1", that's surprising.
This one’s listed at GBP 956 but we will have to see what happens to get a definitive price.

[...] ONLY 300 PIECES WORLDWIDE SHIPPING IN FEBRUARY...
Bleh, no chance of getting one in that case.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

You can get an original for half that.
more being STOKED
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Anyone find any deets on the Lead reissue?
more being STOKED
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Some info HERE
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
George

Post by George »

Forgotten how good the lead body looks, or never noticed. Dont want two hambuckets though
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Noirie. wrote:The CV's are way better. They're almost CIJ Fender quality imo.
Interesting. I had a VM Jag for a couple of years and fucking hated it by the end. Put me off Jags for life, really.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Nick wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:The Shell Pank Jag looks great
I played a new CV jag in a store a few days ago and was impressed. These are a lot of guitar for the money.
ARE THEY STILL ALL GLOSSED UP TO FUCK ?

thats why i loved the CV's
dots wrote:incesticide
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

George wrote:Forgotten how good the lead body looks, or never noticed. Dont want two hambuckets though
Yeah, would have preferred a Lead II personally. Still not sure I'd actually buy one but like how they look.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote:I had a VM Jag for a couple of years and fucking hated it by the end. Put me off Jags for life, really.
I can't get on the VM Jazzmaster my gf's got; it's got really big and tall frets (for me, at least), and even with a mad low action and straight neck, it still feels off. Really needs a shim to even get the action low enough without having the strings fall out of the saddles constantly.

Not quite as bad the the og neck on my VM Mustang though; that was clubby as fuck.
Noirie. wrote:You can get an original for half that.
Yeah, but with 30 years of wear on the frets, locking nut and bridge.. and not that sick turquoise.