pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

NickS

Post by NickS »

The Line 6 RotoMachine is still my best pedal for rotary effects (thanks, Rob) and what I use with my keyboard. I did actually put it on the shelf for the photo as it normally sits under the keyboard in my music room. It's all very well Line 6 putting their rotary models into their multi-effect thingies but for me half the fun of Leslie effects is the transitioning between speeds. The Behringer equivalent, RM600, is also there (back in its plastic blister pack after repair) and it's pretty good, especially for the price; but to transition between speeds requires you to hold the pedal down for two seconds. You can do a mod with an external switch and a simple circuit to simulate this but the delay is still irritating.

I'll edit the post to list the pedals. What are you using? or are you not these days?
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

NickS wrote:The Line 6 rotor machine is still my best pedal for rotary effects (thanks, Rob) and what I use with my keyboard. I did actually put it on the shelf for the photo as it normally sits under the keyboard in my music room. It's all very well Line 6 putting their rotary models into their multi-effect thingies but for me, half the fun of Leslie effects is the transitioning between speeds. The Behringer equivalent, RM600, is also there (back in its plastic blister pack after repair) and it's pretty good, especially for the price; but to transition between speeds requires you to hold the pedal down for two seconds. You can do a mod with an external switch and a simple circuit to simulate this but the delay is still irritating.

I'll edit the post to list the pedals. What are you using? or are you not these days?
For a Leslie sound, the nearest I have is my uni-vibe that mike made me. I really wish I didn't sell my neo mini vent but had to.

Since changing back to a marshall, I've been weighing up what I actually need with it. It shows up all your playing habits, which is kinda good as it makes me focus on the playing.

Mainly the Klone and wah/volume pedal, sometimes throwing the fuzz in for good measure.

I'm still hankering after a Leslie pedal for the ramping.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Pedal board in the making. So after not playing for years and selling loads of gear i have started watching demos and reviews again.
So the idea is at the end of the chain the fx loop pedal will have delays , modulation and oddities in it so I can turn multiple sounds on at once. I have a mdx digital delay and a behringer memory man clone to go in. On the shopping/ wish list is Malekko charlie foxtrot and or a dwarfcraft grazer and a Montreal assembly count to 5. Would like a whammy too.

Oh I have no monies for any of these lolz
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Good rug.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
dub

Post by dub »

Hurb wrote:So after not playing for years and selling loads of gear i have started watching demos and reviews again.
Yes. This is very dangerous. I started looking at some of the mad shit that has appeared in the last few years while I was concentrating on other things, now I have a Meris Enzo and Chase Bliss Mood incoming, although one is currently stuck in customs.

I'm also eyeing up a new pedalboard and various sundries and shuffling things about on modulargrid.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

dub wrote:
Hurb wrote:So after not playing for years and selling loads of gear i have started watching demos and reviews again.
Yes. This is very dangerous. I started looking at some of the mad shit that has appeared in the last few years while I was concentrating on other things, now I have a Meris Enzo and Chase Bliss Mood incoming, although one is currently stuck in customs.

I'm also eyeing up a new pedalboard and various sundries and shuffling things about on modulargrid.
Literally have just bought two pedals online in two days with money I don't have.....its a sickness!

The world of guitar and pedals has went mad in recent years. It also seems that everything is expensive as hell. Found a pedal I always wanted for nearly 700 quid on reverb....i guess that ship has sailed.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Is that 4 pedals or the same 2 twice?
XY
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

dezb1 wrote:Is that 4 pedals or the same 2 twice?
2 different pedals...eh once lol
dub

Post by dub »

I don't know. The second hand market for gear basically collapsed ten years ago it seems and never fully recovered.
There's now plenty of chinese made clones of nearly everything. Vintage stuff will always go up, the most expensive pedals are either rarified hype replicas of ancient circuits or new digital developments that don't have any competition yet.

Oddball shit like the PLL is now available in a superior and affordable form (EQD Data corrupters go cheap all day on reverb.com for instance). You can basically choose your price point.

I've been rereading the "show us your pedalboard" threads on various forums going back years and it's funny to see the evolution of the gear scene. Also good for refreshing my memory of defunct companies and looking for their stuff on reverb now that they've been forgotten about. :lol:
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Hurb wrote:
dub wrote:

Literally have just bought two pedals online in two days with money I don't have.....its a sickness!

The world of guitar and pedals has went mad in recent years. It also seems that everything is expensive as hell. Found a pedal I always wanted for nearly 700 quid on reverb....i guess that ship has sailed.
Most stuff on reverb is overpriced and used stuff can go for more than new stuff if it's still being made.

However, if you look at the price guides, they usually ask a lot more than what they sell for and the listings are there for months if not years.

There is some stuff which is priced low, and it gets sold in a couple of days.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

All pedals are grey (not really, they're all silver except for the last one).
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Metal
dots wrote:incesticide
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Having Lorra Lorra fun with this currently
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

How you liking The Robot?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I think it's really cool. Its obviously a wacky heavy fuzz not to be used by your blues lawyer types. But I love it and think the range of sounds for noisey stuff is vast.

When I first got it it had a fault (second hand) that seems to of gone away after poking around the soldering. Couldn't select the octave down section. Like I say gone now fingers crossed.

Bought it after seeing it on the pedalboard of the guitarist in Girl Band because I am very impressionable like that. Not really feeling much else from DBA at the moment.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Pretty sure I’m using the compressor wrong but this sounds exactly like Earth 2
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Johno

Post by Johno »

Hurb wrote:Having Lorra Lorra fun with this currently
Hey Hurb, is that my old Vestax compressor?
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Noirie. wrote:Pretty sure I’m using the compressor wrong but this sounds exactly like Earth 2
Not necessarily "wrong", but you are basically crushing the signal. I think the CS-3 has a fixed threshold, but the 'Sustain' knob controls the input level (so basically when you increase the sustain the threshold gets lower relative to the signal, even though the threshold itself isn't actually changing), and with the 'Attack' knob on zero you've got the fastest possible attack and the slowest possible release. So you're pretty much brickwalling the signal. I haven't messed around with compressor pedals much myself, but I can imagine this sounds pretty sweet, even though it's not gonna be yr classic Prince 'Alphabet Street' funk sound.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Johno wrote:
Hurb wrote:Having Lorra Lorra fun with this currently
Hey Hurb, is that my old Vestax compressor?
Nay. Digital delay+modulation.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Finally have a proper pedalboard, for what feels like the first time ever. The Compressor and Boneshaker might eventually get replaced if I can think of more useful things.