Gibson SG P-90 Special

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Gibson SG P-90 Special

Post by westtexasred »

Couldn't resist getting this: Gibson 2019 SG Special. Found a minty used one online at Guitar Center for $999 including OHSC

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/SG- ... 0256469.gc

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Ouch! Super hot!
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Nice! I really like that model, especially in that color. Looks so fancy, I've thought about getting one before around that price point. Congrats!
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Thanks! I wanted one of this for a long time. My roommate in college had one and he let me play it. It was the first "real" guitar I ever played.

[youtube][/youtube]
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Westy being off the wagon again GASwise is one of the best things that's happened on here in years.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Congrats. This is basically THE SG set up.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Thanks! I forgot that I used to have this one

moar
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by westtexasred on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

That white one is SEX
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

boner sex
dots wrote:incesticide
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Lovely! The Pelham blue version has been calling my name from the local guitar shop wall for the last year or so.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

I went to Guitar Center to pickup the the SG Special today and when I opened up the box I found it it bubble wrapped with no case. I asked where is the case and they said it didn't have one. I told them the ad said "This Product Comes A Case" They called the store That shipped it and that store said there was no case but apparently this guitar had been bought and returned at 3 different Guitar Center Stores and they finally found the store that it originally came from was where the case was although it wasn't clear whether it was a case or a gigbag. I didn't want to go back to Guitar just to pickup the case. The store might be closed by the time it arrives because of the Corona-virus. Also I started questioning whether it was a good time to spend $1000 on a guitar when I might need that money for toilet paper(or food) so I cancelled my order. I'll just have to shelter in place with the guitars I have.

Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Disappointing, but probably the right choice.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Ankhanu wrote:Disappointing, but probably the right choice.
Thanks man,the whole world changed dramatically in the week since I ordered that guitar. Crow River Guitar and Sound,the store that fixed my girlfriend's National amp amp and Akai synth shut down until further notice.Wonder how long other music stores will remain open?
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

On Guitar Centier's website :

For more than 50 years, Guitar Center has been an essential part of communities in cities across the nation. Today, we face an unprecedented set of challenges as the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our way of life. At this time, our focus is the health and safety of our associates, customers and communities.

Taking the guidance of local, state and federal government officials, our stores remain open. In the cases where the government has mandated or made significant action, we've followed suit quickly, including closing stores where required. In addition to local government guidance, we are also adhering to recommendations provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In accordance with this expert guidance, we've taken action to protect the health and well-being of our associates and customers to control the spread of COVID-19:

Store Hours: Our store hours are changing, effective March 19. Guitar Center stores will be open from 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., daily. Music & Arts stores will be open from 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on weekdays, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays, and 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Sundays in stores which are regularly open on this day.
Lessons: Effective Friday, March 20, we will be temporarily suspending lessons in our stores. We are working on the capabilities of providing digital lessons for interested customers and will provide updates as we test the technology.
Store Cleanings: We have increased the frequency of store cleanings, especially for instruments and in interactive areas. Hand sanitizers are easily accessible.
Employees: We have been continually communicating to our employees to follow preventative actions as recommended by the CDC, including staying home if employees are ill or believe they may be at risk and encouraging appropriate hygiene, such as frequent hand washing.

Our associates are at the heart of our business, and we remain committed to making sure they take care of themselves during this time. To that end, we've adjusted our sick time policy in the interim: In the event that an associate is diagnosed with COVID-19, Guitar Center will extend sick pay to cover that employee up to 14 days, without any use of sick or vacation time during that time period. In addition, under no circumstances are we requiring any associate to work if they are not comfortable in doing so. Where feasible, we have moved to a work-from-home environment in our Music & Arts and Guitar Center Support Centers and will soon be doing the same for our Contact Centers. We've also ceased domestic and international travel for all employees.

Our priority is the health, safety and well-being of our customers and employees as we all work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We understand that many of our customers may not feel comfortable shopping in store during this time. As always, we're ready to serve our customers through GuitarCenter.com and the Guitar Center app. Our call centers are available at (855) 770-3373 from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. PDT Monday through Friday, and 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PDT weekends.

We will continue to work closely with government officials and local authorities on a case-by-case basis to ensure our business practices serve the community in the best way possible and will evaluate our options throughout this time period.

These are truly uncharted times. We appreciate your support and remain dedicated to updating our Guitar Center community as best we can as we navigate these rapidly changing conditions.

Ron Japinga
CEO, Guitar Center
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

There is a Pelham Blue one for $1099 at GC This is one of the new ones made after the ownership change as part of the Original Collection. It has a serial # with the "1xxx9xxxx" format, and hand wired electronics.

westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

All the Guitar Center stores are closed now,at least the ones in Minnesota.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

westtexasred wrote:All the Guitar Center stores are closed now,at least the ones in Minnesota.
Same in Cali, showing as "temporarily closed" for all locations. Wouldn't be surprised if they closed all of them, though that's bad news for them as they were already recently faced with Moody's downgrading their CFR to Caa1 and shitting GameStop-style bricks over the possibility of having to close during the quarantine.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
finboy

Post by finboy »

I haven’t got a chance to try these but I’m curious on the neck feel, Gibson did a bang up job on design but I’m Hoping they didn’t flub the neck to make it feel “modern� aka normy-thin