Filtertrons in a Mustang?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

hnknrob

Filtertrons in a Mustang?

Post by hnknrob »

Anyone done it? Having a quick look at the body tells me I'll have to take some material out of the existing pickup routing, not the end of the world but I'm wondering if there will be sufficient material left after doing so. Looking for some guidance if anyone has it.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

You could get a Squier Bullet or a Fender hardtail, they're already routed. Maybe add a Mustang tailpiece if you really want (you'd have to rout for that though).

Although it might be easier to rout for just the pickups if you want the tailpiece because pickup templates are easier to find.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
hnknrob

Post by hnknrob »

I've actually got a hardtail fender, so it's already routed big enough to hold them. My concern is the depth of the pickups, but I'm going to see about getting some shorter pole piece screws. It appears the hold up is the length of the pole piece screws.