NGD - Excalibur

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

NGD - Excalibur

Post by gusman2x »

Ever since watching WW for the first time, I wanted a white 60s style strat.

This will be my 6th strat. I hope it sticks...

It’s one of the new Vintera ( *lolwut* ) 60s modified. So like the old Mexican classics, but with a modern neck shape, satin finish, 9.5� radius, medium jumbo wire, and hotter pickups. And that s1 switching.

I got it s/h but it’s basically new. It’s certainly the easiest playing strat I’ve ever had. The 10s that are on it feel like 9s. So might go up to 11s, which I don’t normally do on fender scaled guitars.

Fit and finish is really great, but it’s got that “new guitar� feel that I personally don’t dig. Think I need to roll the fretboard a bit.

Sounds like a strat, but the pickups are pretty hot. I really like the s1 switching. Think I’ll get a lot of mileage out of the neck and bridge together sound.

I’m stuck in work today, and I’d rather be at home murdering some bl00z.

www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Very nice! I remember having similar Strat twinges watching that scene; the slightly off-white vibe is so sick. 3 SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS AND WHAAAAAMMY BAR

I wanna try a bunch of those Vinteras out, on paper they look like good bang-for-buck. Sound-for-pound?

Also, S1 switching is great; I put a 'neck on' switch in my bitsta Strat (back when it was SSS), and I used the neck-bridge sound soooo much, always seemed better balanced than the Tele equivalent.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Nice **happy**

Was looking at these the other day. Quite fancy the burgundy mist one.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

It’s the second most resonant strat I’ve had (the avri I sold because I hated the sunburst will haunt me forever). Not too light, not too heavy. Haven’t weighed it, but I’d say about 7.5-8lb.

The pau ferro board will take a bit of getting used to. It’s actually incredibly easy under the fingers as it’s really tight and hard (matron), but just feels a bit unfamiliar. More of an ebony feel actually.

Looking forward to playing some this weekend (if I ever get out of work). So far I’m much preferring it with a big muff compared to the rat. Not explored the clean tones too much yet.
www.lowrisemusic.com

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Congrats, Gus. Looks super classy. White strats with rosewood fingerboard have something magical about them. I remember seeing one in a store before I even knew how to play and it gave me thrills - I asked to hold it and it was super light. The feeling probably came from seeing the pictures of Hendrix playing one. At this point I feel like strats are ultimate guitars and so comfortable that I always wonder why I'd need anything else
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Hey! Read the sign!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Congrats, looks great!
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

plopswagon wrote:Hey! Read the sign!
No stairway??! Denied!!!
www.lowrisemusic.com