Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Hologram Electronics -Dream Sequence Demo

Post by Hurb »

Do it you wont!
[youtube][/youtube]
lorez

Post by lorez »

loved some of the sounds of this, especially after 2:15 but I went down the eurorack rabbit hole and for the price of this you could get a few modules that would help you get in to this territory.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Yeah super expensive. Lots of fun to be had though if your into that sort hijinks

Cheers
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

If your some radiohead guitarist or something..

Isnt this for just playing around (with your salary)?
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Great demo, mate! I really feel like you're outdoing Knobs with this stuff.

There's a few sounds in there that pricked-up my ears; definitely a few "signature sounds for a song" effects in there, and the Drive circuit instantly puts in the realm of "more like a weird guitar, less like a goofy synth", so it can be used a bit more seamlessly in a guitary context.

I kinda like that it's more simplified than the Infinite Jets; way easier to get a handle on and get the most out of what it can do.

(aside: I fucking HATE the "hold this footswitch and this dial becomes something else" as featured heavily on the Infinite Jets- sure it makes it way more flexible but always feels like a barrier for me, like we're back in the days of "pages" on old multi-fx. It's probably a main reason why I've gotten rid of the IJ, Eventide H9 and EHX Canyon over the years. I just about put up with it with the Meris stuff I own)
izodiak wrote:Isnt this for just playing around (with your salary)?
looool
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote:Great demo, mate! I really feel like you're outdoing Knobs with this stuff.

There's a few sounds in there that pricked-up my ears; definitely a few "signature sounds for a song" effects in there, and the Drive circuit instantly puts in the realm of "more like a weird guitar, less like a goofy synth", so it can be used a bit more seamlessly in a guitary context.

I kinda like that it's more simplified than the Infinite Jets; way easier to get a handle on and get the most out of what it can do.

(aside: I fucking HATE the "hold this footswitch and this dial becomes something else" as featured heavily on the Infinite Jets- sure it makes it way more flexible but always feels like a barrier for me, like we're back in the days of "pages" on old multi-fx. It's probably a main reason why I've gotten rid of the IJ, Eventide H9 and EHX Canyon over the years. I just about put up with it with the Meris stuff I own)
izodiak wrote:Isnt this for just playing around (with your salary)?
looool
Cheers man. Obviously Knobs invented or set the bar of the no talking reading style and I think his videos are amazing. I don't think I am able to produce anything as good as his stuff yet. Everything is recorded and edited on my phone( a right chew on). It would be nice to be able to afford better gear to produce nicer videos. But I need to upgrade everything including my pc. So am a while from that.
I agree with the secondary controls lark. especially on a pedal as big as this!

I disagree with you izodiak. If you play blues and only need an overdrive this pedal isn't for you. But if your playing is even mildly creative then you could get a lot of mileage out of this thing. But I am in agreement on the price mind!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Hurb wrote:Cheers man. Obviously Knobs invented or set the bar of the no talking reading style and I think his videos are amazing. I don't think I am able to produce anything as good as his stuff yet. Everything is recorded and edited on my phone( a right chew on). It would be nice to be able to afford better gear to produce nicer videos. But I need to upgrade everything including my pc. So am a while from that.
I agree with the secondary controls lark. especially on a pedal as big as this! !
It's looking great though! Sound and video quality is spot-on.

Sometimes I feel like Knobs spends a bit too much time on the aesthetics and cutesty descriptions, and less on actual manipulation of the pedal; it's more about finding some nice sounds but often without context. They're great as entertainment, but sometimes you want a liiiiil more.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dub

Post by dub »

Yeah, secondary controls. It’s probably a combination of space saving and guitarists refusing to buy anything with more that 5-6 knobs.

The fact that you have to hold down the save preset button for the secondary controls on the Meris ones is an interesting design choice. Lol.

I love what hologram is doing but each of their pedals seems to have an annoying quirk I can’t abide (the new one is the most tempting so far). The knob recording is fantastic feature though.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote:
Hurb wrote:Cheers man. Obviously Knobs invented or set the bar of the no talking reading style and I think his videos are amazing. I don't think I am able to produce anything as good as his stuff yet. Everything is recorded and edited on my phone( a right chew on). It would be nice to be able to afford better gear to produce nicer videos. But I need to upgrade everything including my pc. So am a while from that.
I agree with the secondary controls lark. especially on a pedal as big as this! !
It's looking great though! Sound and video quality is spot-on.

Sometimes I feel like Knobs spends a bit too much time on the aesthetics and cutesty descriptions, and less on actual manipulation of the pedal; it's more about finding some nice sounds but often without context. They're great as entertainment, but sometimes you want a liiiiil more.
Thanks again. I am finding my way with it. With this demo I basically recorded around 40 minutes of shit. kept anything that sounded interesting and cut everything else. then jumbled it out to try and make sense. I don't know if its annoying or not to keep moving the pedal around(with editing) but I think just a head on pedal shot gets dull for the low attention tubers and I don't have multiple cameras to shoot me playing or whatever. Thats why Knobs is adding all that shit around the pedal to keep people watching I guess. But I don't want to rip him off 100% I think I will keep adding random shit at the end...as my thing to keep people watching because my chops wont! haha
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

dub wrote:Yeah, secondary controls. It’s probably a combination of space saving and guitarists refusing to buy anything with more that 5-6 knobs.

The fact that you have to hold down the save preset button for the secondary controls on the Meris ones is an interesting design choice. Lol.

I love what hologram is doing but each of their pedals seems to have an annoying quirk I can’t abide (the new one is the most tempting so far). The knob recording is fantastic feature though.
I did record the knob recording feature but it felt a bit flat soundwise so I cut it. The DS could of done with a more dramatic filter sweep to make the movements more intense.