13 Steps to Guitar

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

13 Steps to Guitar

Post by DGNR8 »

I didn't get much by way of explanation at Reranch, so I'll try here. Maybe it's already in the Wikid.

When re-assembling this electronical guitar, is there a certain order, or steps to be followed? Or do I just start bolting crap together until I realize I forgot to solder something? I am putting together my MIM Strat to get it the hell out. It is the first one up at the edge of the conveyor belt.

Someone on RR said to just repeat what I did in disassembly backwards. Duh! Like I was there, sober, or alert. I'm so sure. It was almost a year ago. Like I fuck know. What a year it's been. Wow.

I am going to stumble into it one way or the other, but I thought that in all this land of guitar experts board land, people would be leaping to tell their studied little methods. One guy did say to protect the new nitro with towels or tape. That's what I'm looking for. Things you can only anticipate from having done it.

Of course it could be too that no one frequents the techy areas.
Yell Like Hell
tremlock

Post by tremlock »

I would assume just have a go at it. Doesn't seem like there is a science about it.
"Icey"its cames when i unleash new skills
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

depends what guitar it is really.

neck always first.

i like to do as much soldering off the guitar..but some guitars like the jaguar this isnt really possible. but with guitars like the jazzmaster i can wire it up completly on its guard then pop it in.

just follow your heart dude! :lol:
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

There's schematics abound online, spesh for a standard Strat setup.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Bolt everything on thats possible in whatever way suits your fancy.

True Story.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

as far as your bridge. jack plate, and neck, they can all go on, but just do your guard last. and then strings, but not before tuners.