Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Earthquaker devices - Life Pedal Demo

Post by Hurb »

[youtube][/youtube]
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

I’m a simple man. I saw the Life Pedal pop up in my YouTube feed, I click like.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

kingkiller wrote:I’m a simple man. I saw the Life Pedal pop up in my YouTube feed, I click like.

Haha cheers man.

I wasn't blown away by this as it is very much a rat..but the octave combined is something a bit good. I was in two minds really.

thanks for the like!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

This pedal is basically the dream for me, tbh.

Did you pay the mad second hand price for it!? Sounds great anyway.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote:
Did you pay the mad second hand price for it!? Sounds great anyway.

DID I FUCK.

No I am using tonebuddy for expensive stuff.

what aspect of it is the bit you are after ?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

left you love. and questions in comments.
dots wrote:incesticide
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

robroe wrote:left you love. and questions in comments.
Cheers man have replied. If you don't see the comment I think its just a sloppy, played wrong 'something in the way'.

Did Hillroe shout at you this time haha
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

no shes out for icecream with Emerson.

watching in the dining room on this little chromebook.

need to go back to watching it on Youtube app for PS4 on the Tele coming out the massive speakers for BIG TONES
dots wrote:incesticide
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

robroe wrote:no shes out for icecream with Emerson.

watching in the dining room on this little chromebook.

need to go back to watching it on Youtube app for PS4 on the Tele coming out the massive speakers for BIG TONES
You might regain some bass then ahha its mid humpy for sure
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Hurb wrote:what aspect of it is the bit you are after ?
Just the idea of souped up Rat with a built-in octaver is very much my shit. I try to limit myself to only having 3 pedals on my board (including tuner) because I find it seems to force me to be more creative in my actual playing. But at the moment I've got a Rat clone and a DD3, with no octaver (which had been a mainstay on my board for a few years). I guess having this pedal would be a cheaty way of having my cake and eating it, whilst still sticking to the "3 pedals" rule, haha.

What I should probably do is just have 4 fucking pedals on my board.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

The distortion sounds I can can achieve with my mooer black secret. The octave side is a bit harder. Its more a ring mod sorta sound you want.

Or just go for a stand alone octave fuzz with your rat and fuck your 3 pedal rule lol
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Really enjoyed this one Hurbert. A pedal I've been interested in too, but with a heavy dose of: yeah but - it's a Rat with a clangy octave. I've been unhealthily interested in Bionix Expandoras lately. Might speak to Michael of this parish about an Expandora with a Green Ringer plumbed in...
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

benecol wrote:Really enjoyed this one Hurbert. A pedal I've been interested in too, but with a heavy dose of: yeah but - it's a Rat with a clangy octave. I've been unhealthily interested in Bionix Expandoras lately. Might speak to Michael of this parish about an Expandora with a Green Ringer plumbed in...
Is that the little round pedals?

Cheers yeah its the clang that makes it.. maybe that should be a standalone pedal. They you could try with it everything.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Yeah, like a four way Boost-OD-Distortion-Stupid switchable Rat.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

benecol wrote:Yeah, like a four way Boost-OD-Distortion-Stupid switchable Rat.
Just looked them up sound very nice! But yeah no likey round pedals. So a clone would be better.
dub

Post by dub »

I think I'd still prefer the octave in a separate pedal, just for the mix and match options. Earthquaker seem to have gotten a bit of mileage our of that circuit, previously in their Hoof-Reaper and as a standalone.
Their Tentacle now has their flexi-switch so you can use it as a momentary too.

I've been checking out a few RATs lately. Picked up a cheap DRV clone and a Blower Box. I'd love a pedal that combines the aspects that I love from each, the headroom of the DRV from running at 18v (with a boost goosing it) and the EQ from the BB with the addition of an LED clipping option. I had a Foxx Fuzz clone with some LEDs in front that was nice and gnarly at one point.

Unfortunately that research has now led me to the EAE Longsword, and that's a bit pricey too.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Are ye across McPherson effects, dub? My brother has sent me a few. They are great, but seemingly very pricey. Daft things like rimu circuit boards etc.
dub

Post by dub »

McPherson's been around for ages. Selling his own pedals and doing mods. His ad copy isn't forthcoming on what his pedal circuits are based on. That combined with the naff aesthetic (and price) turn me off a bit.
By all account he's a good dude and knows his shit.

I've got a couple of oddballs (4ms Noise Swash and a Schumann PLL) made by a local guy in Wellington who just knocks 'em out for local bands and to try interesting circuits for himself.
Goes by "Tinnitus Effects" but it's not a full time thing.

One of the dudes from the NZGuitars forum has a hobby business, pedals are the usual suspects, klon, SHO boost, OCD? "Silverpistol Effects"

Down Dunedin way there's the mighty talented likes of "80Tape Effects" and "Lightning Wave", who have collaborated and make interesting modulations and reverb. Also doing pricey digital stuff are "Flux Effects" and "Dogmatek".

In terms of affordable goodness I think "Peper's Pedals" are probably the best. He does tweaked designs of desirable circuits in limited runs; did a little kickstarter of nifty socket tools for pedal builders:

http://peperspedals.bigcartel.com/

If I hadn't gone ham on other RATs I would have given his RAD-X a go.

Edit: Big list of NZ and OZ pedal makers here for the curious.