My band finally recorded a proper album

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Mattsican

My band finally recorded a proper album

Post by Mattsican »

My band "Get Your Ass to Mars" finally released a full album. GYATM started as my kinda side project time killer while in a metal band playing bass. That band dissolved and a few of us decided to take the songs id written and start a new band. Heres the album stream below. facebook.com/gettomars

facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Wicked, listened the the first couple of tracks. Melodic is my jam, so will definitely listen to the rest. Is it on Spotify or bandcamp?
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

gusman2x wrote:Wicked, listened the the first couple of tracks. Melodic is my jam, so will definitely listen to the rest. Is it on Spotify or bandcamp?
Thanks for checking it out! Yeah its on bandcamp (getyourasstomars.bandcamp.com) and its also on spotify
It should be on about any other streaming music platform you can imagine.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

this is awesome!! how did you guys collaborate on the recording process?
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

dots wrote:this is awesome!! how did you guys collaborate on the recording process?
We started tracking drums last August before all the corona shit started. We paid a guy to track drums, then I recorded my guitar parts and the bass stuff. Everyone besides me in the band works for the US Government in the shipyards and have to go on extended work trips. The lead guitarist was gone for almost 8 months. He finally came back and i was able to record the rest of his parts. Then we sent it all to the same guy who tracke drums for mixing/mastering. He luckily only lives about 5 minutes from me so all file transfers werre basically me dropping off a thumb drive on his porch. I'm super stoked on how it came out. This whole project has been my main outlet for about a decade and its exciting to see how it turned out in a full band setting.

I'm glad you liked it bro!
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

those labors of love, man. they get ya through, but they can take a minute, eh?

and yeah, it's got great grooves, start to finish.
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

dots wrote:those labors of love, man. they get ya through, but they can take a minute, eh?

and yeah, it's got great grooves, start to finish.

Thanks bro! Its been my baby for awhile.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars