Faux leather guitar straps?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Faux leather guitar straps?

Post by Freddy V-C »

Probably a bit of a niche ask, but does anyone know of a decent faux leather guitar strap you can buy in the UK? Or, alternatively, somewhere that stocks Couch guitar straps in the UK?

I've got a Couch strap I've had for a few years which I love, still going strong, but I want another in a different colour because I am extremely vain.

Shipping one guitar strap halfway across the world seems to defeat the point of buying vegan leather. No ethical consumption under capitalism etc, I guess.
NickD

Post by NickD »

The only ones I know of are Couch. I'm sure one of the shops in or around Denmark St did them at one point, but I bought mine 6-7 years ago.

Edit - no, that was Souldier straps, and they have leather ends. I must have got my Couch one from the US.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I've found a couple of vegan brands for sale in the UK, Coco Guitar Straps and VTAR. Some of the Coco ones look nice but they don't seem to do anything in faux leather, and the VTAR ones are proper uggo.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Vegan Vtar?

Edit: oh, you'd already found them.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Freddy V-C wrote:the VTAR ones are proper uggo.
Yeah, haha, most of them do look pretty hideous.

Some of them are fairly plain though: http://www.1to1music.co.uk/collections ... cer-series
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

That's a bigger selection than I found though! I'd only seen the "luxury" faux leather ones, which are pretty honking IMO. These "primary series" ones are quite nice:

I did, for a while, as a 12-year-old wannabe goth, have a giant extra-wide STUDDED leather strap. No idea what happened to that.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts