Is this some special Squier Jazzmaster ?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

izodiak

Is this some special Squier Jazzmaster ?

Post by izodiak »

Found at Marktplaats this Jazzmaster (Netherlands), thinking is it really something special, but the S/N CS17298672 is something off ? Because cant find by this S/N Wiki find the explanation
of it here (India 17,2017?) or am I just getting too worried about a Squier ? :P

About the neck his comment is
Original Flamed maple neck on this squier jazz master. Could be put on a custom shop fender. Incredibly rare in this price range.
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

That is a pretty neck

Trem arm looks a lot like the one i bought off aliexpress a while ago, not like the squier one. Bridge looks different too, no grooves but saddle height adjustments like the ones you find on chinese shops and amazon etc. but the bridge on the one in the link looks the same. Can't zoom in enough or it gets blurry.
They sanded off the duncan designed logos on the pickups ?

http://menga.net/collectible-squier-jazzmaster

Also, asking quite a lot at €350 and i'd be put off by a seller claiming 'rare' with a ton of exclamation marks... yes it's flamed maple, it's pretty, but seems as if he's found the golden grail of squiers.. lol
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: Is this some special Squier Jazzmaster ?

Post by Doog »

It just appears to be a quite pretty Vintage Modified with a mint guard, although it doesn't have the Duncan Designed print on the pickups (just notice Kim said this too), so could be replacements, or just sanded-off I guess. The stock covers are glued on there, so a change of cover alone is tricksy.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

There is some discoloration where the logo could've been.
Not sure, i managed to get them out but it sure wasn't a quick thing to do.

The trem arm tip is also not pointed, exactly like the one i got recently.

Find the asking price a bit steep but it is pretty. Personally i'd just steer away from a seller hyping this like that though.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

Thanks for the insight, Im just searching for some Jazzmasters...
before saw this wanted just a Squier CVibe one, thomann-ize it.

Thought is this a good deal or no, so thanks for the details. Yeah, just gather the coins for a nice (cheeesy) CV sunburst one. :-P
Lots of exclamation marks and offering a coffee and tube amp made me suspicious :D
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people