Stripped Plastic Screw

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Freestompboxes wrote:"The circuit of the pastrami is a little strange in the way that is not a close copy of other circuits.
Maybe close to the Guvnor in the first stage but the second part...i dont know...who knows?"
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
NickS

Post by NickS »

killall -9 humans wrote:Danelectro DJ-1 Pastrami Mini Overdrive. First in Dano’s mini boxes. Got this from a friend. Thanks Mr. Järvi!

Not bad at all. Like many in this series, the soldering leaves me wanting more quality, but otherwise there’s not that much bad to say about this. The schematic can be found on FSB. There’s nothing new or super special in there, just succesful mash of basic gain and recovery stages with LED clipping.

Designwise this is definitely a great overdrive with personal character. With this simple design, i’m really not interested if it is supposed to be a copy of some popular design. It doesn’t sound like any of the big names, so i’d leave it at that.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Just cut a perpindicular notch in the plastic screw with a chisel/knife/dremel and use a big flat screwdriver in that instead. Similar to what kim said, but write off the original channel in the screw and make a new one so that the whole thing looks like a phillips head.
I always do this to tiny metal flatheads before attempting to drill them out and most of the time it saves me the tedium. Another added upside is that the screw will also retain its functionality afterwards, albeit looking much more visibly knackered.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I believe this is the biggest screwdriver I have, and it's not too big for the slot, fits just right.