That Moment Everything Sounds Perfect

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

STABxYOU

That Moment Everything Sounds Perfect

Post by STABxYOU »

So I sent off an email to Tim from Master Effects after buying his Martyr preamp.

It arrived earlier but I didn't get a chance to try it out. I was a little worried because the footswitch didn't 'chunk' like I've gotten used to but as soon as I plugged it in I was sold. I've got an EQ out front as a boost/spliter, into a Spirytus into a Sonic Stomp into a Mooer Radar on one side with the Martyr into a Radar on the other. This is literally the sound I've been after my entire life. I can't wipe the shit-eating grin from my face. I might have to call in to work and tell them I've quit, I'm dedicating my life to grindcore.

Who knew after two decades of being told I needed a tube amp, really what I needed was the preamps from my two favourite two practice amps I had already owned running in stereo?

So basically my rig is imitating a solid state Ampeg/Crate and a Marshall Valvestate. I've never heard a more massive guitar tone in my life.

So, have you ever had that moment where suddenly you everything sounded just right?
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

When I gunned my Micro Terror into a 1x12 with a Fab Fuzz (also cranked up) in front of it. I talk about it arguably too much, but it nails any sort of “doom� tones at a volume that doesn’t damage your ears as much as having a Matamp or a Sunn, etc. That being said, it’s still pretty loud
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)