Orange Dual Dark 50

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

SAVEStheDAY

Orange Dual Dark 50

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

It feels like I just got that Jim Root Terror, but I found an almost too good to be true deal for a Dual Dark 50 with a PPC212 on Craigslist. It was legit, and I hauled it to my place today. It's kind of like a Rockerverb, but starting with a dirty channel that can switch to an even dirtier, more modern, super gainy channel. There's an interesting attenuation feature I'm still trying to figure out as well.

kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

The black tolex looks so cool man. Grats!
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Very nice. I've never actually played through an Orange, but always liked the look of the Dual Dark as my pick of the options.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Very nice. I was curious about these when they came out, but never had the chance to play one.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Bacchus wrote:I've never actually played through an Orange.
When this pandemic bollox is over we should go for that pint (finally) and I can lend you my Rockerverb head.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Definitely. Dunno if the Rockerverb would work with right-handed cabs though?

It'd be good to spend an afternoon with some beers finding out the difference between the Matamp 1224 (the least Matampey of the Matamps) and a Rockerverb (I always reckoned the most Orangey of the Oranges??).
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

Bacchus wrote:Definitely. Dunno if the Rockerverb would work with right-handed cabs though?

It'd be good to spend an afternoon with some beers finding out the difference between the Matamp 1224 (the least Matampey of the Matamps) and a Rockerverb (I always reckoned the most Orangey of the Oranges??).
If you're looking for Orangey tones the OR50 is probably the most classic sounding, but they're getting hard to find.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Bacchus wrote:Definitely. Dunno if the Rockerverb would work with right-handed cabs though?

:lol:

Yeah definitely, sounds like a plan.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Bacchus wrote:Rockerverb (I always reckoned the most Orangey of the Oranges??).
Wait till they bring out their King Billy model...