NMCD (new MIDI controller day)

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

NickS

NMCD (new MIDI controller day)

Post by NickS »

MIDI_mustang.JPG
MIDI_mustang.JPG (2.47 MiB) Viewed 921 times
£35 including Rock Band 3 for XB360. I'm not sure how long I'll keep it but it will no doubt entertain me for a while. I played with it for a few minutes with the teh Yamaha PSS680 and the default (guitar) mode is a little confusing if you don't know what it's meant to do. You pluck a string to play a note and release to stop it, but an open string does not have a release, so voices that don't decay (synth, organ) persist until you take positive action by fretting the string without plucking or using a button combination. I'll get around to trying it in synth mode soon.

Feel is a little tricky - I wish the ends of the buttons were bevelled so that you could slide between them more easily. Apparently the 3-axis controller can be used for effects and there's a 3.5 mm? jack socket for an expression pedal.

Edit: Rehosted pic.
Last edited by NickS on Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

This looks interesting, I’ve never even seen that before.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I had one of those, kinda wish I kept it. Ztar on a budget.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I remember them having something just like this in generic black '80s Hot Lixx livery in Sharper Image back in the '90s. I've seen this Mustang Rock Band thing before but somehow never looked close enough to suss it as a similar thing.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

What’s the burst guitar next to it?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
NickS

Post by NickS »

Noirie. wrote:What’s the burst guitar next to it?
That's an Eko Cobra 1 with a cracked neck and some frets removed and the body gouged to move the pickup closer to the bridge and a Formica pickguard...