'Blackface'

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Well who are you going to be talking to like that who doesn't know about amps, or isn't learning about them? Or if so then what are they going to assume, that the amp is racist? Or that it got up to some japes when it was younger, for which it is now ashamed, but now we're all fine for it to be Prime Minister? Come on.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I never really gave it another thought other than it is a simple term to describe an amplifier, as in the colour of the face plate. In context ‘face’ is the surface of a thing, especially one that is presented to the view or has a particular function. It’s not in reference to a persons face.

But if it helps people feel more comfortable in themselves then call the amps whatever you want.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Easy not to say it, innit.
BobArsecake

Post by BobArsecake »

Just think it's a bizarre, entirely overthought target. I'll leave you all to it and slink back to the pub for a pint with Nige and JC.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Agree with Jon, to get offended or made to feel uncomfortable with an amplifiers nickname that is out of context is alien to me.

There’s enough in the world to worry about already. Who gives a fuck about a Fender amps nickname right now?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I am in the arsecake camp here. Never made a connection and as much as I've tried to see it by reading the posts here..it still seems like an odd target.
However not precious over the names or anything.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I just wanna fuck with old people. Hurry up with the link nick.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I suppose my thinking is: would I feel comfortable being overheard using a phrase which to the uninitiated could easily be offensive? Easily weeded out of the lexicon to no one's great loss.
BobArsecake

Post by BobArsecake »

I'm not trying to be cavalier or contrary, I just disagree.
Last edited by BobArsecake on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

robroe wrote:I just wanna fuck with old people. Hurry up with the link nick.
You are old Rob, what you on about? :lol:

It’s not even an age thing. You know what I’m fucked off with reading about this shit as well, ‘millennials’, ‘boomers’ and all that bollocks. We are all people. We need to stop being divided up by cunts and stand together.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

BobArsecake wrote:I'm not trying to be cavalier or contrary, I just disagree.
... and in turn, I wasn't taking it as that (you big twat, etc).
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Fran wrote:

It’s not even an age thing. You know what I’m fucked off with reading about this shit as well, ‘millennials’, ‘boomers’ and all that bollocks. We are all people. We need to stop being divided up by cunts and stand together.
Let’s get Cunts Stand Together t-shirts
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Fran wrote:

Easy for you to say, you're what, Gen X?

My brother is one of you, and I used to think he and I were in the same generation, because we had the same mom. I thought Gen X was awesome....first off it just sounds cool. X, like X-men, X-games/Xtreme sports. Grunge and pop-punk. The people making video games. Stonks.

Then they told me I was Gen Y, and it's like ok cool, that makes sense, it's after X. We'll be pretty cool too, maybe even cooler. Then sometime after I started working (two part time jobs for 60+ hours/6 days a week I might add), everyone started complaining about lazy millennials so I figured that was like, kids - like my nieces and nephews who went to middle school with an iPhone. And I went on complaining about millennials too cause like, I worked hard, and fuck these lazy kids glued to their phones. Then I realized they were talking about me...

So yeah fuck generational labels. We're all just talking animals living at a slightly different point in the decadent decline of modern civilization. From now on I'll just call boomers that are acting like boomers "old assholes" (I can't say old cunts, as I live in the US innit)
BobArsecake

Post by BobArsecake »

benecol wrote:
BobArsecake wrote:I'm not trying to be cavalier or contrary, I just disagree.
... and in turn, I wasn't taking it as that (you big twat, etc).
I wrote out a reply and realised that I couldn’t be bothered and it wasn’t worth it so edited it down to that.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I'll elaborate

I wanna fuck with old racist people that live in arkansas that love country music on Telecaster forums

Teles are easily the most racist of all the guitars. They would be the vaccine+masks on that covid bar graph and the jagstang would be goat beer
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Generalizations are pretty much a big part of racism.

So Muddy Waters was a racist? Steve Cropper? Joe Strummer? Prince? Keith Richards? Robbie Robertson? Albert Collins?

Teles are as racist as vacuum cleaners are Catholic.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
:lol:
► Show Spoiler
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

plopswagon wrote:Generalizations are pretty much a big part of racism.

So Muddy Waters was a racist? Steve Cropper? Joe Strummer? Prince? Keith Richards? Robbie Robertson? Albert Collins?

Teles are as racist as vacuum cleaners are Catholic.

We're any of those dudes from Arkansas tho?