Telecaster / Stratocaster recommendations (got one! Page 9)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Yeah. Cos I read the thread title before clicking on it
euan
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Oh weird, me too, but I swear when I clicked on it the first time only the sunburst one came up. I assumed it was some weird thing where the seller was describing the pickguard as "oly white".

Just clicked again and I can see that there are, in fact, two guitars. One white and one sunburst. My bad.

Possibly worth noting that when I clicked the first time I was on mobile, and the second time I was on my laptop. Might be some weird thing where only the first one shows up on mobile?
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Yeah I clicked on it on my phone and the pictures of the 70s Strat didn’t appear
euan
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I saw the white one when I clicked it yesterday, don’t see it today.

Clearly it’s the gaslighting special.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I only got description of a sunburst guitar and was like EUAN
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

At the risk of attracting ridicule and taking over from Freddy in the "worst Tele judgement" stakes, I've always half fancied the sunburst Classic Vibe one just for the Frusciantes.

paul_

Post by paul_ »

I was going to mention the Custom Tele, it's the only sunburst Tele I like.

I built a 62 RI using an MIJ AllParts neck and hardware, MIM 5-7 piece body (it's white so I just have to catch the light the right way to count the 2x4s and can't really tell how many pieces it is) and AVRI bridge pickup (it has a neck pickup too but who cares what that is, it's a Tele). It's the only Tele I've ever needed since, it ran me a total of around $600 which is probably what it would've cost me to buy a CV 60s and then buy the same neck I ended up with to put on it. Plus I have my fave pickup.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I do like the late 50’s deluxe Tele sunburst. The dark part is a maroon, almost purple color. The binding adds a lot too.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
NickS

Post by NickS »

The Tele I most enjoyed in terms of playability was a sunburst USA Deluxe that was in Denmark Street in 2008 - but I wanted a Strat.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

plopswagon wrote:I do like the late 50’s deluxe Tele sunburst. The dark part is a maroon, almost purple color. The binding adds a lot too.
It does improve things but *taps sign with broken snooker cue*
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Bacchus wrote:At the risk of attracting ridicule and taking over from Freddy in the "worst Tele judgement" stakes, I've always half fancied the sunburst Classic Vibe one just for the Frusciantes.
No ridicule from this judgmental guy: this is one of the few guitars (see also: Firebirds, for some reason my thinline) that sunburst works on.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Even though I sold it after 6 months, I will defend the shed-Tele until I die.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

FWIW I've been scouring ebay and reverb for a Telecaster Deluxe of either the Squier, Fender Classic Player or Fender Vintera series' second hand

Not had much luck so far and bid on and lost a few. Also found a guy trying to pass off an old Classic Player as a Vintera Road Worn (only approx £500 of RRP difference when new?) with a crap relic job. Hope nobody fell for it.

I decided this was the way to go since it is the guitar most unlike what I have which are all single coil guitars with trems:

1966 Fender Jaguar
1972 Fender Competition Mustang
2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar

I miss my old '72 Telecaster Deluxe MIM RI. it was very fun.

Very daft. Big stupid daft guitar. I think maybe that's the only thing missing from my collection of idiosyncratic basketcases
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instru ... 1399519384

Close by me if you want me to go have a look (although that was ten days ago...)
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Ooh maybe. I have an iron or two in the fire currently but if I get spangled I'll let you know.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Got spangled on a Road Worn ‘70s Vintera Telecaster Deluxe

Lost one by £20 but to be honest that was getting pretty expensive

I’ve seen them new in some places for £190 more

:-/

Search continues
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Just to even up the anti Sunburst stance... all my guitars bar one are sunburst I love it, wooden things should be brown
XY
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I already have a sunburst guitar and for someone who's not that keen I think that confirms I am working on my unintentional bias
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Mike wrote:I already have a sunburst guitar and for someone who's not that keen I think that confirms I am working on my unintentional bias
Gotta be vintage... forgot you had that lovely Jag
XY
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Trying to remember how much my Baja cost, like £220 or something on here? Ridiculous price. Still played on the reg, although usually every string is tuned to B. Been meaning to spray it a different colour for years but haven’t got round to it; kind of matches my skin colour so that rules out playing it topless, unfortunately (poor contrast).