Jazzy-Coustic came in

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

Jazzy-Coustic came in

Post by mickie08 »

It came in. Ended up with White because they are backordered on blue or black. I am OK with the white. It's growing on me.

So far so good.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Think these seem like a great idea... they should have done some sort of f hole / Charvel surfcaster slash on the top rather than a standard sound hole.
XY
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Danelectro Convertible
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dezb1 wrote:Think these seem like a great idea... they should have done some sort of f hole / Charvel surfcaster slash on the top rather than a standard sound hole.
While I agree looks wise, the sound hole serves a purpose. This thing sounds like an acoustic guitar. Not a hollowbody electric. It is easily lound enough to hear clearly MUCH more so that a hollowbody electric. I do believe that is why they went that route. All I know is why they look odd (I now have 2 of them including the green TELE) they are pretty damned playable and versatile. I have tried hybrids over the years including gigging with a 2500 Taylor t5 for 2-3 years. This thing is great. I can't wait to get the two together and play around compare/contrast the two.

I will try to get some video next time we play a show with both of them and link it here. We do ALOT of acoustic shows in normal times.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

sunshiner wrote:Danelectro Convertible
yeah, and no. The electric in this is set up with it's own IR so you can run it straight into a PA and it doesnt sound like a boxy acoustc guitar that has been amplified/distorted. It sounds, direct into the PA, like an electric guitar into a tube amp. Then at the flip of the 5 way I am into mellow acoustic tones or even some blends between. The fact that you can run the electric end without pedals or amp straight into a board/PA and get usable tones is what really turned me on to them. No one else has done that. (now you can still run pedals and/or amps. In fact I just ordered a Sans Amp Fly Rig so I can make a small travel rig with it)

Are these mind blowing. Not sure I would go that far. Are they odd looking. 100%. do they do what they advertise pretty well. yep... Fortunately for me I bought one used and 1 at wholesale cost and did so with some grant money for equipment purchases that came out... Would I normally have spent roughly 2800 on these 2 guitars (4400 retail). No. But between the grant being limited on what I could spend it on and I just redid my PA Already.... And I just replaced my IPAD, computer, and bought a mandolin, I took a gamble on the first one. Thought it was so cool that within 24 hours I handed the tele off to one of the guitarists in my band and got on the phone and ordered the jazzy. Plus I can write them off as business expenses.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

No doubt you as a working musician know better what this thing is and can be capable of, I just thought for a second that they could get their inspiration from a Convertible and furnished it with the latest technology. I think they look fine, I especially like the colour of your tele
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

It’s interesting to see Fender lean so hard into the “working musician� field. I suppose everything they make can be for any player, but this seems like a stronger step in that direction.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Happened across this the other day guitar has some 'Venus in furs' vibes going on.

XY
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

pretty cool, can't wait to see/hear it in action!

i also kinda would like to see that guitar in a natural finish all around. i don't know the colors are necessary, but maybe i'm biased when it comes to acoustics.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

dots wrote:pretty cool, can't wait to see/hear it in action!

i also kinda would like to see that guitar in a natural finish all around. i don't know the colors are necessary, but maybe i'm biased when it comes to acoustics.
Would probably look kind of like the shortboard Mustang, which might not be a bad look for these
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Arm chair designing, but I wonder if they could have done an elliptical shaped hole angled to the flow of the offset.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dots wrote:pretty cool, can't wait to see/hear it in action!

For Dear Leader

mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I am not sure why I do not like the naturals. Maybe it's just because I have plenty of acoustic guitars and my tele and strat (being built) I do have are natural as well. In fact these are the only non natural/stained guitars I own unless you count my burst Les Paul and El Rey Eastmans
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

interesting. i'd have to hold one and hear how it sounds i think as the aesthetic in the photos isn't quite firing for me. i like the concept, tho.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dots wrote:interesting. i'd have to hold one and hear how it sounds i think as the aesthetic in the photos isn't quite firing for me. i like the concept, tho.
I agree that they look a bit odd. I am actually going to play a short solo acoustic tomorrow with it (though I will have a "normal" acoustic in my truck in case I do not like how it feels/sounds (I won't have time to dial much in)

I will definitely report back in on how it feels/sounds live without and adjustment from the factory.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

OK. first after action report.

Used it for 2.5 hour straight solo gig today. Just the guitar and my vocals. Wide range of cover music. It is pretty damned cool. It is straight out of the box. Still factory strings and have not had a full setup done to it.

My thoughts... I could have used a few more minutes to EQ but overall pretty damned fun and my hands/back were much happier. It got a little quacky at time but I generally put that to minor setup issues and EQing. Also, when using both the piezo and the body pickup the guitar will definitely get noisy (string slide, some extra overtones) but I put alot of that down to a bit of sloppy playing. When I tightened up my rhythm it went away. Some songs I just struggle to sing and play. One or the other slips a little at times. NONE of that would matter in a band setting and TBH I do not feel any of it will once I get used to the guitar, get it set up, and get it dialed in PA wise. It was also the 1st time in over a year I fired up my full PA so I was just a little rusty on that as well. And while my back and hands felt great playing 2.5 hours straight, at first it was really weird. As much as I gig, it has been at least 10 years since I played an electric style guitar for that long straight and sang (not just noodling around my garage). While it was way easier generally, it through me off a bit. all the angles were weird. Wrists, elbows, etc. I am a big guy and my full size acoustics obviously stick out from my body alot more. It actually made my hand cramp up in the first 30 minutes but it went away...

Overall, super happy. it was cool to switch between 2 acoustic voicings on and off and even jump into the electric end for a 90's song or two. Guitar also takes capos well (unlike most electric guitars) and when playing acoustic and muting power chords it really thickens up. Overall.. Pleased. Can't wait to get it really set up and get it dialed in...
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Sounds great overall.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Gig #2 in the books. 3 hour solo. Went well. Getting it better dialed in. Going to send it off for a full setup this week and expect to use it again next weekend. :)
NickS

Post by NickS »

mickie08 wrote:Gig #2 in the books. 3 hour solo. Went well. Getting it better dialed in. Going to send it off for a full setup this week and expect to use it again next weekend. :)
~(bravo)
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

very glad this worked out, mickie. i'll have to check your calendar for upcoming shows so i can get a listen!