Gretsch G2210

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Gretsch G2210

Post by mkt3000 »

I was dropping off the Finboy Jazzcaster today at a local shop to have the routing filled in, and saw this. Gretsch Streamliner Junior Jet Club in Imperial Stain. Holy crap it's beautiful. I thought it might have been a walnut body, but nope - stained Nato.

I fucking fell in love and nearly bought it home. Sounded good, comfy neck, and super cheap ($299 new, seen them for under $250 used locally) But my wife has given me an ultimatum until we get a bigger apartment - the only guitars I am allowed to bring home are things I previously sold in Puerto Rico and am able to repurchase.

Anyway, here it is. Someone get one so they can tell me how awesome it is.

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
finboy

Post by finboy »

That is a great looking guitar
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

It looks great but if we’re going to bring back the 70’s can I start doing drugs and having unprotected, casual sex without consequence?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

looks very cool!
NickS

Post by NickS »

Strange colour scheme,.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

plopswagon wrote:It looks great but if we’re going to bring back the 70’s can I start doing drugs and having unprotected, casual sex with people with particularly hairy armpits
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Dude, that was just between you and me!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

:D :D :D
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

Well if You like it, best way to go..
I played a white one, that was nice..but I have some problem with disliking the pup's
on the cheaper Gretschs...but there always is chance for a swap.

Check out the G5425, liked it much more and its only a bit more expensive. Feels, looks like more well crafted.
And another price point, but of the LP type the G5230 with bisgby is the nicest...just for Yada Yada saying that :P
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
paul_

Post by paul_ »

plopswagon wrote:It looks great but if we’re going to bring back the 70’s can I start doing drugs and having unprotected, casual sex without consequence?
You learned nothing from Yun.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Yooo so I have a great reason why you shouldn't buy these fucking useless Squier-made "Gretsches" sight unseen (i.e. ordering one on the internet), thread incoming.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

paul_ wrote:Yooo so I have a great reason why you shouldn't buy these fucking useless Squier-made "Gretsches" sight unseen (i.e. ordering one on the internet), thread incoming.
I take it I might have dodged a bullet.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I think Paul is hyping it up purposefully
paul_

Post by paul_ »

sunshiner wrote:I think Paul is hyping it up purposefully
((run)) WE CAN'T LET THEM KNOW IT TRANSMOGRIFIES YOU INTO TEH BEATLEZ TO BUY A BROWN BOLT-ON LES PAUL, THERE WILL BE TOO MANY MOP TOPS AND US GREASERS WILL NEVER GET CHICKY-FOXES TO BOP'n'HOP WITH US AGAIN

Reverse psychology, works every time.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I just thought you bought a Streamliner Junior Jet and I couldn't imagine what could be awfully wrong with them and decided it was your way of then making a thread basically saying GUYS THEY ARE AWESOME, BUY THEM
Surfysonic

Post by Surfysonic »

I've been tempted off and on for a while now for a Gretsch G2215-P90 Junior Jet Club and when a Reverb deal came up on one about a month ago, I went for it. The Broad'Tron humbucker in the bridge and a P90 neck pickup are quite nice. A blend of chimey (bridge) and grit (neck). I'm super impressed with this stock P90. The neck is slimmer than I prefer but I can live with it.

I swapped out the stock knobs for some chrome Gretsch ones I had.