Behringer Brains

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Behringer Brains

Post by ekwatts »

[youtube][/youtube]

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is basically a clone of Mutable's Plaits module with a few differences, right?

It'll be between $130-150 apparently.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
lorez

Post by lorez »

totally is but with a couple of bits from braids which came before plaits. I'm tempted by it, I have plaits which is awesome but the price might make it tempting
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
dub

Post by dub »

Feels like a bit of a scummy move. Hopefully in the long run it shifts more MI modules.

Also wtf is up with that usb port?
lorez

Post by lorez »

all the MI stuff is open source and companies like Arturia have previously used their code so nothing new here really if they put credit in there.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

dub wrote:Feels like a bit of a scummy move. Hopefully in the long run it shifts more MI modules.

Also wtf is up with that usb port?
I like the idea that all Behringer synth start off as USB ports then they add bits. Like, that's the first part they take out of the box when designing.
dub

Post by dub »

lorez wrote:all the MI stuff is open source and companies like Arturia have previously used their code so nothing new here really if they put credit in there.
Yeah, I've got a Microfreak. It's not exactly a direct competitor to Plaits though, the format and the choices Arturia have made around parameters, mod matrix, filter, capacitance keyboard, Arp, polyphony etc (along with the extra algos from Noise Engineering) make it feel like a distinct product of it's own.
lorez

Post by lorez »

dub wrote:
lorez wrote:all the MI stuff is open source and companies like Arturia have previously used their code so nothing new here really if they put credit in there.
Yeah, I've got a Microfreak. It's not exactly a direct competitor to Plaits though, the format and the choices Arturia have made around parameters, mod matrix, filter, capacitance keyboard, Arp, polyphony etc (along with the extra algos from Noise Engineering) make it feel like a distinct product of it's own.
some of the sounds on the microfreak are from rings and also used on plaits.

The USB is to do firmware updates to the module
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

lorez wrote: if they put credit in there.
lol.

RLY? Behringer?
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

dub wrote:
I love the look of the Microfreak, how are you finding it? I'm trying to justify it to myself that the capacitance keyboard is enough of a unique feature that I should buy one.

I do seem to remember that there was a bit of a backlash online towards Arturia when it came out. Although I've googled it and found it addressed and summed up here:

http://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t ... reak/14878

That's a pretty definitive last word, I reckon.