Jag-Stang Reissue comes true?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

dots wrote: so far, however, my only initial disappointment is in sticking with the original two colors and not adding to that.
This seems like a missed opportunity.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

pooh brown?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

You guys are doing well with this thread without me while I'm on vacation. Carry on
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

dots wrote:
, i'm curious what almost 20 years and a new factory will do for it.
My first guess is ruin the best neck ever put on a guitar line
dots wrote:incesticide
paul_

Post by paul_ »

The MIJ "reissue" Jag-Stangs from the early '00s had alder bodies.

Obviously you can only see cosmetic differences from pics, but unlike either of the previous two Jag-Stangs:
-doesn't say "designed by kurt cobain" on the back of the headstock but rather has the "made in mexico" w/serial stamp typical of MIMs
-has a W/B/P pickguard material, giving a more traditional 3-ply look to the guard's beveled edge than the other JSs' black/white/pearl guards.
-has a silly '70s F-stamped neckplate for no reason, since it's the '70s

I have really small hands and find the JS neck too small for certain things. It's comfy for lower power chords for sure, I can see why Kurt liked it [on his compstang].
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

paul_ wrote:-doesn't say "designed by kurt cobain" on the back of the headstock but rather has the "designed by mexican kurt cobain" w/serial stamp typical of MIMs
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Doog wrote:
paul_ wrote:-doesn't say "designed by kurt cobain" on the back of the headstock but rather has the "designed by Conrado De Gobienne" w/serial stamp typical of MIMs
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

plopswagon wrote:
Doog wrote:
paul_ wrote:-doesn't say "designed by kurt cobain" on the back of the headstock, but NEVER SHUTS UP ABOUT IT OH MY GOD
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

hm. one would think fender would want to continue showcasing the cobain heritage of the guitar somewhere physically on the instrument, so i am wondering if its removal is based on stipulations made by the estate. courtney, dave, and krist have been in and out of court and sold off so many intellectual rights over the years, i wouldn't be surprised if just a decal like that has some god awful license fee attached to it now.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

That massive Jagstang build thread on Offset was pretty interesting.

Kurt's original blue one had a different body shape and a custom seymour duncan 59 in the bridge. The neck was just a nitro finished regular MIJ Mustang with a scuffed Fender decal.
Apparently his original intention was it as a production model coming in blue and red with white pearl and a oly white with tort. Or something like that. Peter Buck still owns it.

What happened to the original red one is a mystery and it's believed to have been stolen by a Fender employee and covered up. The red prototype seen in magazines at the time was a rushed botched replacement for it. And that one was sold at auction a couple years back.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
paul_

Post by paul_ »

My mum found this today

Looks like they charged him an extra 1% sales tax... suppose it’s too late to complain.

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

clearly a christmas tax.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Bacchus wrote:It's the best neck in the world. And one of the best neck pickups. I think I paid £375 for mine new.
The more I read this (and the OSG) thread, the more I'm thinking I misremembered this. Maybe £475? I remember the Aerodyne Tele I got two years later definitely being the most expensive guitar I ever bought (£505).
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Mine was £650 in 1997, but that included the comedy lefty tax which was usually around £100 back then.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

These seem to be in the shops now. Anyone tried one?

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
rahbro

Post by rahbro »

Troggly put up a new vid. If you can make it all the way thru you can hear how the HB still sounds like a fart full of ass and the neck pickup still sounds really good.

Proves the robroe jagstang mod where you throw the humbucker in the river and put a music master pickguard on it is the best mod
plopswagon wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 am
I laid a pallet of sod yesterday