New fender player plus finishes incoming

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Nick wrote:
robroe wrote:Hahahaha it also comes in 3TS.

WHYYYYYYYYY
Is it black/red/yellow like the blue/teal/white one?
lol, Vertical Mono Burst

Also, I'm 100% into that candycorn burst on a guitar, fuck yeah
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

What’s next pumpkin spice?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

plopswagon wrote:What’s next pumpkin spice?
Old spice
dots wrote:incesticide
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

^ That’s just Antigua.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Danish Pete A/B the player and the player plus

And the player sounds better. Lol
dots wrote:incesticide
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Re: New fender player plus finishes incoming

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Wow I didn't think I'd find myself saying this but I really like that blue finish and the wideranger in the bridge position.

I completely agree with the Andertons guys, it sounds like a telecaster with some of the high rolled out in the bridge position and that's quite an attractive tonal combination for all the people that are getting back into the Blue because of Christone Ingram, John Mayer, Gary Clark Jr. etc. You're gonna get a lot of classic tonez.

My first 2 guitars were two different Yamaha 112 models which I had for like 3-4 years before moving on to anything else, so I'm extremely at home with a HSS strat enough even to think of that extra poke from the humbucker v. the singles as part of "my sound"; you can really put yourself out ahead of the band for a lead part by flicking to position 5 and letting the humbucker do the work. You can also slightly recess the humbucker so you only get small-ish boost which doesn't screw with your levels but makes your compressor squash a bit harder, which I always liked for heavier loud/quiet music which is what my old band was about. People be coil splitting humbuckers but I think that's kinda gash, much rather keep it unsplit, use the high end roll off pot mod and just use the volume pot to do gain.

Very nice release from Fender, I'm off to L.A. soon I'm gonna get my hands on one of these player+ blue candy corn models and see how they are.