The "Disgustang" - A Placebo Crowdfunder

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

GreenKnee

The "Disgustang" - A Placebo Crowdfunder

Post by GreenKnee »

Thought this would interest you all, a pretty cool looking 1972 compstang raffle, all for a good cause.

From the Crowdfunder Page:

CROWDFUNDER PAGE
Stage Crew Need Our Support
Placebo are raising money for stage crew charity Stagehand’s #ILoveLive campaign, which is providing financial help for all UK stage crew who are in the greatest need. Stage crew seem to be the forgotten ones in the current pandemic. They’re the unsung heroes of the live entertainment world. Without them shows just couldn’t happen.

The impact of Covid-19 has been devastating for the whole music industry but particularly for the stage techs, sound engineers, guitar techs, keyboard techs, drum techs, stage managers, production managers, tour managers and other live support personnel who make shows possible.

With no shows since March, crew’s income has been slashed with many finding that they are ineligible for any kind of government financial aid. Many are in desperate need and most are sitting with mental health issues.

Let’s help raise some money to support them this winter. It could literally save lives.

The Prize Draw
Placebo has donated Brian Molko’s 1972 FENDER DISGUSTANG guitar to this prize draw fundraising campaign.

To be in with a chance of winning the guitar we are holding a prize draw with each entry costing £5. You can enter multiple times.

Entries can be purchased between Friday 27th November and Thursday 17th December. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 23 December.

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Thanks for the heads up, I bought a few entries.
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

That's really cool, and it's for a good cause, but I wish his sig was maybe just a little more discreet.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

[youtube][/youtube]
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Nick wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I bought a few entries.
Yeah, thanks. I snagged some entries on this and Robert Smith's UltraCure.
If I managed to win this, perhaps I'll try to sell it on to get one without a signature... I don't listen to Placebo, so don't care about the signature, I'm sure someone else would love that, and I just want a vintage Competition Mustang to play.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Fakir Mustache

Re:

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Ankhanu wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:11 pm
Nick wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I bought a few entries.
Yeah, thanks. I snagged some entries on this and Robert Smith's UltraCure.
If I managed to win this, perhaps I'll try to sell it on to get one without a signature... I don't listen to Placebo, so don't care about the signature, I'm sure someone else would love that, and I just want a vintage Competition Mustang to play.
Might be worth several times what one without a signature is worth.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Ankhanu

Re: The "Disgustang" - A Placebo Crowdfunder

Post by Ankhanu »

Alas, I did not win either of the guitars I entered on.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
NickS

Re: The "Disgustang" - A Placebo Crowdfunder

Post by NickS »

I didn't win Nik Kershaw's PRS :lol:
Personal pronouns he/him