Ableton Live 11

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Ableton Live 11

Post by Bacchus »

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Not downloaded it yet, plan to this weekend.
lorez

Post by lorez »

not inspired enough to upgrade as I have suite and thats a lot of cash i want to spend elsewhere
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I bought 9 Standard not too long before 10 came out, and wasn't satisfied with the options (a discount on the same pricing tier) to upgrade, or the fact that 9 was no longer supported in general (especially not on my computer, the latest OS for which would bugger it up), etc... they can sniff the back of my sack if they think I'm dropping hundreds more on them in a "happy customer" context anytime soon. That'd be money better spent on a new laptop and interface... both things I'll need for the upgrade anyway.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
lorez

Re: Ableton Live 11

Post by lorez »

I took advantage of the Black Friday 25% discount and upgraded to live 11. First impressions are that the workflow is a lot better. Some of the synths are performing better. I love all the chance and random stuff being built in instead of me having to use some 3rd party or max for live plugins. Not played much with the spectral effects but I can see that I use a lot of them on the drones stuff. The inspired by natural music players like Emit and Tree Tone are really fun to play with and I'm already thinking of ways to use them in some generative pieces.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Thomas

Re:

Post by Thomas »

lorez wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:52 am not inspired enough to upgrade as I have suite and thats a lot of cash i want to spend elsewhere

Same for me. I hate the thought of going down to the standard version and losing a load of stuff. I don’t use it as my main DAW, only when I’m writing with the push2 so it’s hard to justify.