Incoming NPD and advice needed

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Re: Incoming NPD and advice needed

Post by Mike »

Absolutely livid you got that loot for free.

what a fucking world.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

It’s proper crazy. It’s extra weird that it happened just when I was about to try to rebuild my board on the cheap. This will put me in great stead for that. Just need a couple more dirt pedals needed really.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Thomas wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:56 pm So after saying on here The other day that I’d like to get a couple of pedals for a small board together I find myself in a fortunate situation. I was video chatting with a friend last night, the usual catch up type stuff. He’s a musician, mainly production based abs does EVERYTHING on computer. Doesn’t own an amp or anything. Guitars, mics, piano, keyboard and PC. He said his wife’s family had given him a bag of pedals and he has no interest so I can have them if I want them. I said I’d gladly take them if he was sure he didn’t want them, or didn’t want to sell them. He said he’d send a photo today and I could pick them up when I dropped off his wee daughters Xmas gift this week. I fully expected a couple of Rokteks or something. He sent this photo:
► Show Spoiler
Now for the assistance part. Is that pedal on the right one of the ones that can be modded?
Having looked at the picture I'd just like to say my friends and their families are shit never had so much as a free plectrum
XY
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Trade them for Thomas's friends. Of course the minute you do that they start gifting him walls of Marshall full stacks to properly furnish his apartment because "we thought something was missing"
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

:lol: The PSU arrived for the DMM so I'm very pleased to report that it all works fine. Lovely. The 3 pedals together are a good fit. Tho the noise floor on the RAT is just as advertised.

Just the Whammy/Wah to look into now. If it's working I'll need to decide if its worth the bother of shipping the Board away to have the XP-All (Jetpack) mod installed. I ordered the right power supply for it. 1300mA and AC, weird barrel size too (probably so you can't accidentally plug in the wrong thing and fry it.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Thomas, I dislike you a lot man.
euan
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Update to this. So all the pedals work and I like them all apart from the Whammy Wah. Much like the Space Station it’s very shrill/toppy and I don’t particularly like must of the modes. Well, there’s a couple of decent sounds but I’ll most likely just replace it with different stuff. Currently being used as a volume/tuner.

I’m definitely not going to bother doing the XP All mod to it. I don’t see the point in throwing money at it to have more of the same horrible sounds 😂
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Bypass loop with an EQ?
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Doog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:50 pm Bypass loop with an EQ?

I had thought about going down that route but there no actual sounds in the thing that are worth the bother.

It might be my cloth ears but even when it’s on the volume pedal setting it seems like it colours the sound.

I’ll give it a bash later this week when the Twin gets back from its service.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I am just gonna say it....pass on the love.

To me.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Thomas wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 pm It might be my cloth ears but even when it’s on the volume pedal setting it seems like it colours the sound.
I'm sure it's doing no end of damage to your original signal; best off passing it onto Hurb.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I’ll take the DMM - you clearly don’t deserve any of this
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I totally don’t deserve it. Tho the DMM ain’t going anywhere.

I’m going to try the whammy on the board when I get the chance to put it together. If I still don’t like it I’ll see about passing it over to you Jordan, first refusal.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thomas wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:10 pm I totally don’t deserve it. Tho the DMM ain’t going anywhere.

I’m going to try the whammy on the board when I get the chance to put it together. If I still don’t like it I’ll see about passing it over to you Jordan, first refusal.
cheers