I want to play with myself

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

NickD

I want to play with myself

Post by NickD »

I'd like to be able to record a loop and then play over the top of it, so am in the market for a simple, instinctive, easy to use looper.

Any suggestions?
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: I want to play with myself

Post by Doog »

There's no end of simple, single footswitch, single dial loopers out there, most of which are identical. Just saw this one on Cashies, always liked that '70s aesthetic, plus it has speed options, do you can dub a 'bass' part easily.

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/m ... 1800147976

The TC Electronics Ditto is v popular and likely improved build quality and audio quality over the cheaper Chinese units mentioned; there's 2 on Cash Converters currently

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/m ... all&page=1

Not TURBO LOW prices, so might make more sense to buy new for the full warrantee.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
NickS

Post by NickS »

Doog wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:08 pm There's no end of simple, single footswitch, single dial loopers out there, most of which are identical. Just saw this one on Cashies, always liked that '70s aesthetic, plus it has speed options, do you can dub a 'bass' part easily.

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/mu ... 1800147976
Gone.
Personal pronouns he/him
NickD

Post by NickD »

The ditto looks like a good option - small form factor too
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Careful playing with yourself, you’ll end up an old blues guy, “Ol’ Reverend Blind Nick D”
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

NickS wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:03 pm
Doog wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:08 pm There's no end of simple, single footswitch, single dial loopers out there, most of which are identical. Just saw this one on Cashies, always liked that '70s aesthetic, plus it has speed options, do you can dub a 'bass' part easily.

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/mu ... 1800147976
Gone.
Not surprised, it was a pretty good price! They seem to go for £50~ new, and it's very rare to see Cashies do something much cheaper than 75% of the going 'new' asking price, unless it's fucked up and/or being hanging about for ages.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

probably overkill, but the tc electronic flashback II i got last year is fairly straightforward while being full of options.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yeah, I got one too, dead good! The looper mode works in the same way as the Ditto, but then you've got all of those delay options to play with (although you can't use them with the looper; it's its own standalone mode).
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

hadn't even tried to blend delays with loops. you could always follow Mr. Freddy's lead and pair a couple of the pedals up!
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I've been using my TC Alter Ego x4 for looping; I love having the 4 buttons for control (record, play, play once, clear)... but I've been wanting the flexibility of either having the delay separate, or the looper separate so that I can control both independently (you can delay in the loop, but it's turned on/off by adjusting the delay volume knob, no switching).

Ditto was looking like a decent option, but in my case, maybe I'll add a second delay to the board, and then still have multiple control buttons on the loop, and can stack delays if I want to.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press