New song

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

New song

Post by dots »

Trying to get a new set of tracks out this year, and this is the first one we've gotten a decent rhythm track to work with. Thought I'd share before we further ruin it with our incessant rock injections.

Levels are crazy, performances need some dubs, there's some gating needed on the bass, there's no vocal at all yet... but the structure is mostly there.

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Re: New song

Post by Freddy V-C »

Sounding good, nice grind on the bass tone! Intrigued to hear this with some vocals.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Beefy! Really cool vibe and swagger to this.

Guitar sound is super clear and tight; is it all software?
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
NickS

Post by NickS »

~(bravo)
Personal pronouns he/him
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Swagger is right, unforgiving riffage.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

thanks, dudes. i'm still playing with melodies in my head, but the lyrics i'm thinking will be (not so) veiled references to Zelda as for whatever reason, that's been at the backdrop for me since writing began. no idea why!

and all software on instrumentation. i'm nervous about close mic'ing at the condo even though there's a bathroom next door to this room that has no common walls with other residents. i should get over it just try once to see how it goes with some blankets and mic placement.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I remember Blane uploading a demo yeeeeears ago (likely on JS.com) and I was like WOW HOW DID YOU RECORD THIS GUITAR? IT'S WAY BETTER THAN ANYTHING I'VE EVER BEEN ABLE TO COMMIT TO RECORD! He said it was the Line 6 POD direct to board, and my life was changed.

For chunky distorted tones on record, using software in a DAW is a no-brainer for me; you can endlessly tweak it after the fact and that's worth it's weight in gold.

It might not "feel" quite the same when tracking, but it's still worth it for me personally.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

i have to admit i feel the same way and only have a slightly sheepish "guilt" about doing it all in software. i mean, shouldn't artists want to live track? lol, wouldn't it be great if we all had fully soundproofed studios from which to play at 11 all hours of the day and night?

but yeah, i'm a believer in being able to dial in a tone and tweak a bit later as needed. or change it completely. allows for more creativity with less redundancy i think.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Nice track, dot! How did you make those drums? I can't get started recording anything and probably should
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

it's a combination of Get Good Drums' "Modern & Massive" pack and whatever my brother uses on his MacBook as a DAW/software drums these days. I'll have to find out. He made platform switch from Windows to MacOS last year, so some of our tools have been diverging of late.