is Neil's mic a harmonica?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

rahbro

is Neil's mic a harmonica?

Post by rahbro »

help me out here. is he just singing into the harmonica? how the fuck this work ? i wanna do it

keep politics out of it or whateverthefuck

focus on the tech

its obviously not a backing track because his voice sounds ragged AF
plopswagon wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 am
I laid a pallet of sod yesterday
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Re: is Neil's mic a harmonica?

Post by benecol »

Only so, so tangentially related, but harmonica chat always reminds me of this delightful `Van Morrison apocrypha:
Popbitch in 2002 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:56 pm Van Morrison insists on his band turning up to rehearsals at bang on 8.30am, although Van himself often doesn't turn up until ten, and then goes straight to the toilet with a copy of Exchange & Mart to have a dump. One day, the band got so cross that they waited until Van was engaged and then, one by one, tip-toed over to Van's Sacred Harmonica Bag, full of harmonicas Van has collected from around the world, picked a specimen, and rubbed it in their anal clefts. Even now, when you see Van on Later, his band seemed particularly delighted when he does a harmonica solo.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

It looks like there’s a little mic attached to the harmonica.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

benecol wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:26 pm Only so, so tangentially related, but harmonica chat always reminds me of this delightful `Van Morrison apocrypha:
Popbitch in 2002 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:56 pm Van Morrison insists on his band turning up to rehearsals at bang on 8.30am, although Van himself often doesn't turn up until ten, and then goes straight to the toilet with a copy of Exchange & Mart to have a dump. One day, the band got so cross that they waited until Van was engaged and then, one by one, tip-toed over to Van's Sacred Harmonica Bag, full of harmonicas Van has collected from around the world, picked a specimen, and rubbed it in their anal clefts. Even now, when you see Van on Later, his band seemed particularly delighted when he does a harmonica solo.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

then goes straight to the toilet with a copy of Exchange & Mart to have a dump.
Hahaha.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Great use of the words ‘anal’ and ‘cleft’.