Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

Re: Building a mini Kurdt pedalboard

Post by taylornutt »

NickD wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:07 am
Doog wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:41 am
Absolutely; it's the only explanation as to why people still buy Les Pauls

Also - they reissued the Sansamp Classic last year! Do you reckon this is to meet the demand of all the Kurtzt Kidz hitting their midlife crisis?
I feel personally attacked. I'd agree if you change Les Paul for Jagstang

I actually tried to buy a Jag-Stang yesterday LOL. Not because I really wanted one but because the price was amazing. It was priced at $280! Unfortunately the seller advertised it was for sale here but lived in another city entirely.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
NickD

Post by NickD »

Doog wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:24 am
Doog wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:21 amJOS' KEEDIN
I know, I didn’t really take offence.
NickD

Post by NickD »

taylornutt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:57 pm
NickD wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:07 am
Doog wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:41 am
Absolutely; it's the only explanation as to why people still buy Les Pauls

Also - they reissued the Sansamp Classic last year! Do you reckon this is to meet the demand of all the Kurtzt Kidz hitting their midlife crisis?
I feel personally attacked. I'd agree if you change Les Paul for Jagstang

I actually tried to buy a Jag-Stang yesterday LOL. Not because I really wanted one but because the price was amazing. It was priced at $280! Unfortunately the seller advertised it was for sale here but lived in another city entirely.
I’ve always thought they were a bit of an odd thing. Less than the sum of their parts really, either a Jag or a Mustang would be a better guitar.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

NickD wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:04 pm
I’ve always thought they were a bit of an odd thing. Less than the sum of their parts really, either a Jag or a Mustang would be a better guitar.
This. You can definitely tell the guitar was not finished when Kurt passed. I would be have been interesting to see what it could have been with more work and time. I owned one previously and I really wanted to like it but I would rather have a Jaguar or Mustang.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I can confirm both guitars are better
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Ideas:

Imageindex3 by Joey, on Flickr

Imageindex2 by Joey, on Flickr

Imageindex by Joey, on Flickr
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I’d rock any of those. I love the DS-1, just not into a clean amp, so as long as it’s into something crunchy or a low gain OD you’re golden.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

The DS-1 and DS-2 are objectively bad pedals. You shouldn’t need a half dirty decent valve amplifier for the pedal to sound good

Emperors new clothes all over the shop here. Let’s be real the nirvana live guitar sound with the DS pedals was not great
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

If any of us actually got the guitar sound we wanted in our heads it’d likely be right shit compared to what we ended up with.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Mike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:59 pm The DS-1 and DS-2 are objectively bad pedals. You shouldn’t need a half dirty decent valve amplifier for the pedal to sound good

Emperors new clothes all over the shop here. Let’s be real the nirvana live guitar sound with the DS pedals was not great
Yeah but the Yun mod tho.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I made a little progress on this board. I have been looking at lots of used gear lately.

I just ordered a very used BOSS tU-2 tuner(currently in route) and also picked up a used pedalboard. Hopefully I can get a little more before my niece comes for a visit.

ImageUntitled by Joey, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Joey, on Flickr
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Mike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:59 pm The DS-1 and DS-2 are objectively bad pedals. You shouldn’t need a half dirty decent valve amplifier for the pedal to sound good

I tried my gf's one a few years back, and with the tone control back, it sounds pretty decent; it has a kinda fuzz-style response- it doesn't need a dirty amp to sound good:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1503392 ... 1966525485

Kurt's live guitar sounded like shit because he used it with the tone control up (probs to make up for the volume drop/his own hearing loss), and his clean sound also sounded like a bunch of middly, farting butts
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

That pedal board is going to have to be much smaller if you want a mini-Kurt to use it.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

plopswagon wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:47 pm That pedal board is going to have to be much smaller if you want a mini-Kurt to use it.
It's not as big as the pictures might portray.

4 or 5 pedals at most.