pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Re: pictures of your gear here

Post by Freddy V-C »

After a year of being a "big pedalboard guy" (and about 9 years of being a "tiny pedalboard guy" before that) I have finally accepted that A) having a massive pedalboard is a pain in the arse when you're in a 5-piece band playing small venues, B) I'm unlikely to ever fill the empty spaces on the big board, and C) I was only using 6 of those pedals regularly anyway. So I've downsized again, although nowhere near as tiny as before. Thought I'd try a briefcase-style board rather than a Pedaltrain (or Pedaltrain imitator) for once, and I actually like it a lot! I'm not especially bothered about having a slanted board, and I've always thought it was needlessly fiddly mounting a power supply to the bottom.
296282751_374347788147998_8219799499763532657_n.jpg
296282751_374347788147998_8219799499763532657_n.jpg (616.42 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
Put this rig through its paces at practice this evening and I'm pretty thrilled with it. I don't miss the June-60 or the Eyemaster (the two on the chopping block) and having everything in one row is great. I wish the EHX Silencer was parallel with everything else, but sadly this is the only way I could fit them all, and I figured it's the switch I need to access the least often.

At some point I'll probably get some shorter cables, but for now I reckon this is tidy enough.

Nothing particularly unusual on here. I'm still dual-wielding DD3s! The tin that says "CONDOMS" on it actually contains plectrums, a capo and an allen key.
NickD

Post by NickD »

benecol wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:02 pm Nice trereo rig Nick, but man alive...
NickD wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:54 pmSurfy Bear
...have I been looking at these too.
Sorry Tim, I missed this.

I've been really pleased with it. If you don't use massive amounts of distortion and/or you get your overdriven sounds mainly from pedals then I'd highly recommend one of these. If you run tons of amp distortion then the reverb tails get distorted too which is great if you like that sound, but most people don't.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Freddy V-C wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:31 pmThe tin that says "CONDOMS" on it actually contains plectrums, a capo and an allen key.
This is bound to cause immense disappointment (and possibly babbies) at some point down the line.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Let's roll those dice!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Whats the silencer for Freddy? Like I know what it is, but are you getting that much noise issues?
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I bought it because I was having noise issues a while ago, but the main culprits were my black Tele, which I don’t use live anymore, and the Eyemaster and June-60, which have both been taken off my board.

I’ve kept it on there as a bit of a failsafe I guess. Might try a gig or two without it at some point as a test. The board would certainly be neater!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Yeah fingers crossed you should be ok. Nothing on there to suggest any noise issues hopefully.
dub

Post by dub »

How's the Feber, herb?

I regret selling my moog a few years back, would love a smaller replacement, but few demos of other ringmods have appealed.
The randy's revenge sounds almost as nice as the moog did, but I'm liking the extra options on the feber.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

dub wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:24 am How's the Feber, herb?

I regret selling my moog a few years back, would love a smaller replacement, but few demos of other ringmods have appealed.
The randy's revenge sounds almost as nice as the moog did, but I'm liking the extra options on the feber.
I really like it! it does so much more than other ring mods and can be adjusted to do more harsh clangy ring mod sounds or softer ones. I never really used to like my Moog that much.

Swapped around again for practice tonight.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Hurb wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:18 am Yeah fingers crossed you should be ok. Nothing on there to suggest any noise issues hopefully.
I kept the Silencer switched off at band practice last night, no issues! It was somewhat disconcerting not having total silence when I wasn't playing, but I guess that's to be expected having had it on my board for the past year-ish. This was with my pink Tele, will test the water with the Iceman as well when I get chance, and then see how it goes at gig volume, but I imagine I'll end up taking it off the board.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 am
Hurb wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:18 am Yeah fingers crossed you should be ok. Nothing on there to suggest any noise issues hopefully.
I kept the Silencer switched off at band practice last night, no issues! It was somewhat disconcerting not having total silence when I wasn't playing, but I guess that's to be expected having had it on my board for the past year-ish. This was with my pink Tele, will test the water with the Iceman as well when I get chance, and then see how it goes at gig volume, but I imagine I'll end up taking it off the board.

Sweet!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I’ve lost count of the number of dirt pedals I’ve had over the years, probably not as many as some but plenty nonetheless! Since getting the 1981DRV a couple of years ago it hasn’t left one or another of my boards. I love the low gain tones and response, and I love the higher gain sounds too. Have paired it with more than a handful of other dirt pedals and have found some great sounds but particularly in a band mix have found myself wishing I had both ends of the spectrum. So I got a second lol. Expect several dirt pedals in the classifieds soon.
6A26BC2A-CEE1-49C8-AAF4-51511FFE4A3C.jpeg
6A26BC2A-CEE1-49C8-AAF4-51511FFE4A3C.jpeg (506.59 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
0AA345C7-FBD0-442E-9AB0-B460E8A91F96.jpeg
0AA345C7-FBD0-442E-9AB0-B460E8A91F96.jpeg (493.54 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

so very clean. nice job!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Thanks!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

VERY NICE :o
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Gorgeous!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Cheers guys!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Have had way too much fun on my 'holy grail' pedal quest this year, both in terms of figuring out exactly what I like and which pedals actually deliver it.

I guess the aim was to try to put together a board that does it all for me, covering every base I can come up with, and is flexible enough to use it as a consistent playing and composing palette. I've obviously got loads more pedals kicking about, but this board does SO much, it's already opened up how I'm writing, not least in part due to the Donner Circle Looper in my HX Stomp fx loop, which is a WRITING MACHINE.

board-carpet.jpg
board-carpet.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1432 times
BUT FIRST, let's put some nice new carpet in the ol' girl. Although not in the lid there, that'd be weird; just used it to do the sizing as it was to hand.
board-done.jpg
board-done.jpg (871.88 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Ta-da!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Demo video coming?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

At some point, but am sworn off longass videos for a while, it's too much effort for not enough pay-off. Will be churning out some more snappy stuff over the next few months.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit