EHX NAMM 2020 Leaks

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Here's dat Pitch Fork + that leaked like ages ago:

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

EHX wrote:The Pitch Fork®+ features two independent pitch shifting engines with full control over each. Both will transpose your pitch up or down over a +/- three octave range and detune +/-99 cents. With rock solid tracking, an organic, musical tone and extensive control, it’s your ultimate harmonizer.

• Dedicated volume controls for both Shift voices and the Dry signal.
• Two outputs, Main and Aux, with multiple routing options.
• 10 unique factory presets plus the ability to easily save/recall 100 programs.
• A Bypass footswitch that toggles between effect on and buffered bypass. In latch mode it switches between effect and bypass mode. In Momentary mode the effect is on when the FS is held down and the pedal enters bypass when it’s released.
• A User footswitch that’s programmable and can be assigned to a variety of functions such as muting either Shift voice or jumping to a preset program. It features a dedicated LED.
• An EXP input for EXP or CV control over a broad selection of parameters in three sub-menus: Frequency, Glissando and Volume.
• An EXT input for connecting an external foot controller like EHX’s Triple Foot Controller which enables players to change modes, enter/exit sub-menus and load presets.
• Eight modes, including X-MOD, which features cross-modulation that creates FM and ring mod type effects, LATCH, based on the original Pitch Fork, but with enhancements to the Momentary mode functionality.
LANK
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Another new EHX pedal:

[youtube][/youtube]
EHX wrote:Buzz. Beep and bloop. We’re high on the lo-fi sounds of “old-school� games, toys and terminals and the Mainframe Bit Crusher takes us back in time to when Pac Man and Donkey Kong ruled the arcades, to when the Commodore 64 was high tech.

It provides sample rate reduction ranging from 48kHz to 110Hz. A little background… the sample rate is the number of times per second that a sample or snapshot of an analog signal is taken. For example, CDs (remember them?) had a sample rate of 44.1kHz which means that the original analog signal is sampled 44,100 times per second.

The sample rate defines the frequency range that can be reproduced while maintaining good fidelity. When the sample rate is reduced the quality of the audio is degraded and aliasing occurs. Aliasing means audible artifacts created when higher frequencies are sampled at an inadequate rate and the result is distortion. The Mainframe’s sample rate range is wide enough to take you from sounds that are quite pristine to sounds that are unrecognizable when compared to the input signal.

It also provides bit crushing ranging from 24-bit to 1-bit. What does that mean? Bit crushing is bit depth reduction. Back to our CD example… CDs used a 16-bit bit depth meaning that each of its samples was represented by 16-bits of information. Higher bit depths can accurately represent a greater dynamic range while bit crushing increases the number of sampling errors and creatively degrades the sound to bring us back to those nasty “old school� sounds we love.

The Mainframe’s selectable High/Low/Band-Pass filter lets the user shape the artifacts of the bit crushing and sample rate. Another very cool feature is its Sample Rate Tuning Mode where the pedal analyzes your input signal in real-time and sets the sample rate to match the pitch of your signal, or a set interval above your signal. This allows you to set the sample rate to match the key of a song, or it will continually adjust the sample rate based on what you play!

QUICK SPECS:
• Sample Rate Reduction ranging from 48kHz to 110Hz
• Bit Depth Reduction ranging from 24-bit to 1-bit
• Selectable High/Low/Band-Pass filter to shape the artifacts of the bit crushing and sample rate reduction
• Sample Rate Tuning Mode allows you to set the sample rate to match the key of a song, or continually adjust the sample rate based on what you play on your instrument
• Programmable preset or expression pedal setting allows you to save your sound or control any combination of the Mainframe’s knobs with an external expression pedal
• Secondary knob parameters allow you to fine-tune the Mainframe’s effect.
• High quality buffered bypass and silent switching
• Comes equipped with an Electro-Harmonix 9.6DC-200mA PSU
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

There will be lots of these for sale second hand soon. I will wait till then!
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

And another new EHX pedal:

[youtube][/youtube]
EHX wrote:No one does bucket-brigade effects like Electro-Harmonix and with the Eddy you get lush EHX vibrato and chorus in a compact, pedalboard friendly package with unique control options.

The Eddy gives you envelope and expression pedal control over modulation rate and depth. That means you can control either with your playing dynamics. Plus, if you plug in an EXP pedal, you can use it to control the rate or depth at the same time.

The Eddy also features LFO shape warping which can transform the shape of the modulation from a standard sine wave to something totally asymmetric. Plus, the pedal’s tone control lets you make the sound brighter or darker.

EHX Founder, Mike Matthews, says: “EHX’s long history in creating bucket-brigade based pedals goes all the way back to the Electric Mistress Flanger, the Memory Man Analog Delay and the Clone Theory Chorus/Vibrato. The new Eddy springboards off that rich heritage and adds modern control to classic sounds.�

Quick Specs
• Bucket-brigade based vibrato and chorus with an all analog signal path
• Envelope and EXP pedal control over modulation rate and depth expand the versatility of the Eddy’s classic sounds
• LFO shape warping can take the modulation shape from standard to totally asymmetric
• Tone knob lets you tweak the tonality of the effect
• Pedalboard friendly footprint, but a full complement of controls
• White status LED plus a blue strobing LED to display the modulation rate and shape
• Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply

LANK
BearBoy

Re: EHX NAMM 2020 Leaks

Post by BearBoy »

They've finally launched that Big Muff hardware plugin thing that leaked a few years back:

NickD

Post by NickD »

So a big muff with a hard plug in? Double, triple and quadruple entendre.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

:lol:
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I still think it's one of those pedals that seems kind of gimmicky and redundant at first glance, but actually would be quite useful to have. It's kind of cool that it can also just be a Big Muff on a pedalboard, as well as being a themed interface and hardware plugin, so it at least justifies being an actual physical piece of kit rather just a free download off the EHX website or something.

Still... I'd need to see the price.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

ekwatts wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:53 am Still... I'd need to see the price.

(Seeing it around at $330)
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
NickS

Post by NickS »

Tree fiddy in the UK?

(Or was that an r.m.m.g trope?)
Personal pronouns he/him