NGD x2 Epiphone Crestwood & Casio DG20

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

NGD x2 Epiphone Crestwood & Casio DG20

Post by Nick »

Didn’t post about these as I’ve been more busy setting up my home studio than playing guitar the past month or so…

The Epiphone was an accidental eBay win…it was sitting around $347, I put in a cheeky dr spangle bid at the last second and won it for $355.

The Casio was broken, the kid had fried a transistor with the wrong power supply and didn’t have the know how to fix it …I had no idea if I could fix it either but for $120 I was willing to try. It turned out to be an easy bypass…the transistor that fried was for the auto-off circuit for 7 minutes when using batteries. Works great now and I didn’t have to pay the YouTuber tax.
4B26997A-0091-4FB9-BD17-015FF93AAE7E.png
4B26997A-0091-4FB9-BD17-015FF93AAE7E.png (2.44 MiB) Viewed 1407 times
F259F742-88B0-4183-9A6C-49212EEF12D3.jpeg
F259F742-88B0-4183-9A6C-49212EEF12D3.jpeg (218.77 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
NickS

Re: NGD x2 Epiphone Crestwood & Casio DG20

Post by NickS »

Nice finds!
Personal pronouns he/him
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I should just give Nick some money and say, get lucky for me.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Nice bidding and both are nice finds. I love the Epiphone obviously
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Love that Epi, do an MC5.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Prince broke an original Crestwood just like yours that belonged to Kirk Douglas of the Roots. Borrowed it for a performance at the Tonight Show, threw it in the air at the end of the song and walked away.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

sunshiner wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:07 am Prince broke an original Crestwood just like yours that belonged to Kirk Douglas of the Roots. Borrowed it for a performance at the Tonight Show, threw it in the air at the end of the song and walked away.
I saw a video of him telling that story…Prince offered to buy it from him before the show (in hindsight probably because he planned to throw it from the start) but Kirk wouldn’t sell it because it was so personal to him. Kirk tried to make the best out of the situation and asked Prince if he’d at least sign it, but he wouldn’t. I lost some respect for Prince for that…still a legend of a player but man what a dick move.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Yeah, woah. What a shitty move.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Didn’t Bob Stenson do a similar thing to EG Smith when the Replacements were on Saturday Night Live?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Nick wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:01 pm
sunshiner wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:07 am Prince broke an original Crestwood just like yours that belonged to Kirk Douglas of the Roots. Borrowed it for a performance at the Tonight Show, threw it in the air at the end of the song and walked away.
I saw a video of him telling that story…Prince offered to buy it from him before the show (in hindsight probably because he planned to throw it from the start) but Kirk wouldn’t sell it because it was so personal to him. Kirk tried to make the best out of the situation and asked Prince if he’d at least sign it, but he wouldn’t. I lost some respect for Prince for that…still a legend of a player but man what a dick move.
There used to be a video of that on Fallon's channel but they delete music videos with the time. I saw someone uploaded a crappy version of it but it's been deleted since.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Found the moment in the compilation. It turns out he threw it more forward, I remembered it him throwing the guitar vertically up and walking away

Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I tried those Casios back in the day. Can't say I was much of a shredder, but I could easily play a bunch of notes, remove my hands from the guitar, and wait for the sound, which came later. They had a pretty bad latency.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Fakir Mustache wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:51 am I tried those Casios back in the day. Can't say I was much of a shredder, but I could easily play a bunch of notes, remove my hands from the guitar, and wait for the sound, which came later. They had a pretty bad latency.
The latency is actually fantastic on these, at least on this DG20 model and the DG10 I played at my friend’s shop a few years ago-much better than the Roland GR33 I used to have at least. The problems I have are more to do with playing random/accidental notes, or occasionally having notes not trigger at all if played the wrong way. It’s fun if played carefully, but way too unreliable for me to feel comfortable performing with it.

A lot of the problem comes from the way it works- open strings cannot be muted, so they added a mute button within reach of the right fingertips. It’s really weird and I’m not even close to mastering it.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Nick wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:41 pmA lot of the problem comes from the way it works- open strings cannot be muted, so they added a mute button within reach of the right fingertips. It’s really weird and I’m not even close to mastering it.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"